Proceedings of the Castle Aching Parish Council, 1905

1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

Not necessarily for us ... 

;)

In what sense?!

As someone just pointed out to me my being banned from Wales means I'd have to return to England, which is surely worse for you chaps?!

Edited by sem34090

Is it my imagination ? I have noticed that there is now no Google dog poo disfiguring the bottom of my screen.

Did someone in Google Marketing decide that pooing on your intended customer base was not the bright idea that young Tyrone Khloe (a fresh young marketing twenty something new hire with ambitions) claimed?

Perhaps the bad character reference I gave Google finally filtered down from Malfeasoncey in Human Resources. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

I still get ads, but displayed far less annoyingly, and some even for things I might be interested in.

Current choice is between some Austrian magnetic-clip bicycle pedals, and immensely strong-looking brassieres for very-much-larger German ladies (for the avoidance of doubt, its the bike pedals that look interesting). Why it has decided that I need to be advertised-at in German I have no idea.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

Mobile Phones don't work here in coastal Norfolk either, I'm not sure if it's the network or if it's still 1904..

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, Nearholmer said:

I still get ads, but displayed far less annoyingly, and some even for things I might be interested in.

Current choice is between some Austrian magnetic-clip bicycle pedals, and immensely strong-looking brassieres for very-much-larger German ladies (for the avoidance of doubt, its the bike pedals that look interesting). Why it has decided that I need to be advertised-at in German I have no idea.

Maybe Alexa  has heard you singing extracts from Der Ring des Nibelungen.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, TheQ said:

Mobile Phones don't work here in coastal Norfolk either, I'm not sure if it's the network or if it's still 1904..

According to the forum clock, it was 1016 when you posted that... 

Still, “clock stopped in Norfolk” is hardly news, is it? (Which is precisely your point.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

No, your 'phones work, it's just that everyone outside Norfolk (and Wales, obviously) is already dead from the Plague.

What appear to be our answers are in fact being generated by computer algorithms, which, though very clever at mimicking our responses, like those lovely Google Adds, do occasionally go wrong. 

Look, here's my favourite locomotive ...

470912816_Fell2.jpg.d278fa9da3ecd0e0618584112d2339c0.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

Well that was certainly true until recently but V******e have upped their game and I can now get 4G in places I could barely get 1G before. Rumour has it that one of the V******e bigwigs had bought himself a holiday home in Blakeney...

• Like 2

Just now, Edwardian said:

Look, here's my favourite locomotive ...

470912816_Fell2.jpg.d278fa9da3ecd0e0618584112d2339c0.jpg

I fear the Chairman of the council may be suffering from a serious disiesel!  :(  I do hope it is not contagious!

Jim

• Agree 3

Its all very confusing now that The Assembly Hall has opened, but can I ask a CA chronology question?

When was the branch to Wolfringham Harbour/Staith opened? As a hint, it would be useful if it wasn't before the mid-1850s, in order to help with other, interlocking chronologies.

K

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, wagonman said:

Well that was certainly true until recently but V******e have upped their game and I can now get 4G in places I could barely get 1G before. Rumour has it that one of the V******e bigwigs had bought himself a holiday home in Blakeney...

Bor, tha be posh end of North Norfuk, oi be  udder end..

• Like 2