Proceedings of the Castle Aching Parish Council, 1905

41 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

(It's trashed our trade, our liberties and the union, too, but nobody seems to mind that here, so long as it doesn't affect football).

The one trashing the union lives in Bute House, 6 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh.

Jim

• Agree 2

44 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Another such has, apparently, infested No.10 Downing Street, where it has viciously trashed all the John Lewis furniture.

And, possibly, rumour would have it, not paid for the replacement drinks coasters (or, whatever else costs £535).

Edited by Nearholmer

13 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

And, possibly, rumour would have it, not paid for the replacement drinks coasters (or, whatever else costs £535).

Yes, there is speculation as to the identity of the judgment creditor.

I'm guessing not the John Lewis Partnership

1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

Yes, there is speculation as to the identity of the judgment creditor.

In my mind at least, there is speculation as to the debtor too - could a matter progress all the way to a CCJ with a debt incurred in the name of Mr Michael Mouse, of 1 The Arcade, Disneyland, Paris, I wonder?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, it could be a case of someone stealing BJ's identity and expecting that the subsequent paperwork would get lost in the Downing Street staff.

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, ian said:

Well, it could be a case of someone stealing BJ's identity and expecting that the subsequent paperwork would get lost in the Downing Street staff.

My guess is either:

(a) Unpaid child support; or,

(b) Someone maliciously ordering stuff in BJ's name?

Neither possibility seems to narrow down the field of creditors very much.

On the other hand, who do we know with a grudge?

42144388-9505687-image-m-25_1619210331711.jpg.3533d754c5be20f380e8d9ae0bf43c1d.jpg

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Now, here comes trouble...

Why is it we are only ever invited to 'make up our own mind' when being fed spurious information to encourage illicit activity and/or conspiracy theories?

As for foreign holidays...well, it must be nice to spend so much time at home that a change of scene is required. Grass, greener... 

• Like 3

Soon I shall pay a return visit to Didcot, and, I hope one to Mountsorrel. I think the Rutland railway museum might also be on the cards.  That's probably all I'll attempt before Dose 2 in early June, but by the time the kids have broken up I should, if I'm spared, be well on the way to Peak Invincibility. Thereafter, there are so very many places in the UK I'm longing to see after my freedom is restored that Abroad can wait until 2022, if then.   

Still not in a hurry for crowded indoor venues. And I wish there would be some form of Selfish D1ckhead badge that holidaymakers returning from overseas are obliged to wear, so that I can avoid them. 

York Show, April 2022, not sure about anything sooner.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

31 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

And I wish there would be some form of Selfish D1ckhead badge that holidaymakers returning from overseas are obliged to wear, so that I can avoid them. 

A big C19 branded on the forehead and being required to walk around ringing a bell?

That should do the trick!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

36 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Soon I shall pay a return visit to Didcot,

As Masefield might have put it

I must down to Didcot again, to the lonely town and the sky,
And all I ask is a loco and a signal to guide her by;
And the reverser’s kick and the whistles’s song and the white steam a'blowing,
And a grey mist in the tunnel’s gape, and a grey dawn breaking.

Or perhaps not...  :whistle:

Scuttering off...

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

6 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Now, here comes trouble https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57084732

Recipe for the return from holiday of large numbers of people who should quarantine, but many of whom will “stretch the rules a bit”.

I recalled that in the peak of the pandemic Denmark had  euthanised 15 million small fluffy animals. I looked it up again, hoping they were  lemmings, which would have enabled me to make a pithy comparison with brits who travel overseas at the moment such as "Dont go to Denmark, look what happened  last time!" or similar, but they were minks.

Bu99er. 

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Now, here comes trouble https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57084732

Recipe for the return from holiday of large numbers of people who should quarantine, but many of whom will “stretch the rules a bit”.

You are all going to be totally f##ked if your excuse for a government allows that.  (Please excuse my veiled profanity, but this idiocy just plain makes me so bl00dy angry.)

7 hours ago, Edwardian said:

And I wish there would be some form of Selfish D1ckhead badge that holidaymakers returning from overseas are obliged to wear, so that I can avoid them. 

Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Might I suggest this as a good method of dealing with selfish Britons returning from holidays overseas.

S4llRF9.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Annie said:

You are all going to be totally f##ked if your excuse for a government allows that.  (Please excuse my veiled profanity, but this idiocy just plain makes me so bl00dy angry.)

Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

Might I suggest this as a good method of dealing with selfish Britons returning from holidays overseas.

S4llRF9.jpg

So idealised that it makes ones teeth hurt!

I watched a sheepdipping once, like the children above, when on holiday in the Brecon Beacons. No one was dressed like that, it was soooo much more muddy and what has just floated through my mind (like a dipped sheep) is what did the farmer do with the insecticide in the dip once finished?

The (un)dipped sheep look far too clean too...

It must have been a boring beat for PC Plod too, having to amuse himself by parking up his Velocette by the single telephone post in the district and going to watch the sheepdipping!

However, the dipping will only wash off the outside, they'll need drenching inside too.

image.png.05748d9bc3b8ab6e7858d979705b87c0.png

Muahahahahahahaaaaaaa...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

And mulesing too ! 

(I won't post a picture, look it up if you want -  but " viewers are warned"  etc etc....)

NSFW, or for those of a delicate dispositon, eh?

Think I'll leave that for the present...  :blink:

I rather prefer Annie's idealised view. 

When I was a child, I was presented with a rather similar idyllic 1950s view of the farm ....

648216140_TheFarm01.jpg.bc1ef805b98f9292182f6e2b76e7bef3.jpg

This, however, is pretty much what the farms round here still look like!   

• Like 7

Just now, Edwardian said:

I rather prefer Annie's idealised view. 

When I was a child, I was presented with a rather similar idyllic 1950s view of the farm ....

648216140_TheFarm01.jpg.bc1ef805b98f9292182f6e2b76e7bef3.jpg

This, however, is pretty much what the farms round here still look like!   

I must have had something similar, the vision Annie posted took me back to when things were so much more simple...

Going back to the motorcycles issued to policemen on rural beats

2043147628_PoliceVelocette.jpg.3015178aaa5a99b1eab0352454ce7939.jpg

They didn't look very dynamic...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I must have had something similar, the vision Annie posted took me back to when things were so much more simple...

Nothing, in the UK, is curated quite so carefully as the past!

Edited by Edwardian
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Nothing, in the UK, is curated quite so carefully as the past!

Nowadays, the problem is the selective editing of the past to avoid giving offence to ethnicities, etc.  The National Trust is currently in the hands of the Woke brigade, and things are being vanished into locked rooms "because"...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Hroth said:

Nowadays, the problem is the selective editing of the past to avoid giving offence to ethnicities, etc.  The National Trust is currently in the hands of the Woke brigade, and things are being vanished into locked rooms "because"...

No, indeed, all aspects of the past need to be presented, so that anyone of any background is confronted with the uncomfortable truths about our country's history. I take pride in the dead white Protestant males who brought about the end of the slave trade, but equally face up to the dead white Protestant males who instituted it in the first place and whose fortunes gave the country the wealth and freedom to support dead white Protestant males with the leisure to have the conscience to question the trade...

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Hroth said:

So idealised that it makes ones teeth hurt!

Having worked on farms here in NZ when I was younger  I deliberately chose that picture because it was so idealised, if not totally sanitised.

50 minutes ago, Hroth said:

No one was dressed like that, it was soooo much more muddy......

Oh yes the mud, - sooooo much mud........

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1