RHB coaching stock

simon fisher

Good afternoon All 

I am new to the Rhb and I have a few questions to all the experts out there. Coaching stock are there any diagrams Or some where to find the information on train formations. Further question I see hopefully that there has been an evolution of paint schemes for these coaches in red. So what and when have the different scheme been introduced? I see some stock from Bemo has light brown doors why? Lastly is there anything else a newbie should know about the coaching stock in general?
Thank you in advance Simon.

A HUGE topic, I think you will need to narrow down what era you are interested in, and we might be able to answer.

In terms of rolling stock drawings, everything RhB has been drawn in a series of books published by Schweer and Wall, although they are now impossible to get and Uber expensive, they have been re-published on DVD, which makes them available, but like everything else Swiss, not exactly cheap if you want the whole series.

Jon

• Like 1

Rhb Around Chur. I am loosely trying to model the line up to st Mortiz. But have seen about four five slightly different schemes all in red on the coaches.

Thanks Jonhall for the tip on the DVD’s.

Simon

Edited by simon fisher

• RMweb Gold

The RhB stock DVD’s are here

https://www.buch-auf-dvd.de/?mobile=0

On the liveries there are three periods of red although there were extended periods of transition. 
1980’s-90’s red with anodised ‘bronze’ doors and small RhB logo on the side, a few lasted until at least the late 90’s!

90’s -2000’s red with silver doors and narrow grey stripe beneath windows and Rhatische Bahn / Viafer Retica lettering plus logo on either side. Still plenty of examples in service. 

2010 ish Neurot (New red) broad grey stripe on side with Graubunden on the stripe, stripe continues over doors in red. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Photo sites and dvds from the period you want to model are great for showing the booked and unique formations. Note it has been common to add extra coaches for hire or stock movement onto virtually any train in the loco hauled era. 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, MrTea said:

Does anyone know when the current Glacier Express coaches (as modelled by Kato, Bemo and LGB) were introduced? 

2005/6 onwards, Ruedi Haribu has useful data sheets under the RhBrollmaterialliste tab near the top of the homepage

http://www.haribu.ch

A class coaches

http://www.haribu.ch/RhB_Roma/A.pdf

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Informative/Useful 1