Advertising

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

No. Free bronze membership includes virtual Andy or Phil appearing at the bottom of your bed at 6am, loudly reading all the previous nights postings to you. For a large amount of money, you can upgrade to Bronze+ which give you access to an off switch. :dirol_mini:

Works for me - I'm usually awake by then and saves me the bother of reading them myself...   :lol:

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Brit70053 said:

Ah, its back when I've accessed the forum this time, easily dismissed now though, so no longer a concern.

Regards,

John

Yep dont think it ever went away with me . Still there everytime start up . 

Been getting a lot more of the pop-up as mentioned by the OP today.

I’m not expecting a commercial forum to be ad free but this latest change is exceedingly irritating.

Fix that (or preferably remove it altogether) and this thread will wither away…

steve

• Agree 3

6 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Not had any full size pop-up ads today, yet. :good:

2 hours ago, Kris said:

Until a hour ago, neither had I but since then I have had the full sized advert pop up twice. 

Yes, they're back. Twice for me too, now. They close very slooooowly, too. :rolleyes:

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

No. Free bronze membership includes virtual Andy or Phil appearing at the bottom of your bed at 6am, loudly reading all the previous nights postings to you. For a large amount of money, you can upgrade to Bronze+ which give you access to an off switch. :dirol_mini:

Hey, what’s not to like.

Cheers

Darius

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Is there a Bronze- where you both show up and read out alternate postings, in voices you imagine appropriate to the poster?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Is there a Bronze- where you both show up and read out alternate postings, in voices you imagine appropriate to the poster?

Or a Chocolate, where they do it stark naked. With Chocolate + they will both still be starkers but Andy will also be wearing a wig....

Andy G

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, spamcan61 said:

Warming to the theme now, Andy reads out messages in the style of Gielgud's King Lear whilst Phil reads them in the style of Brian Blessed in Flash Gordon.

• Funny 7

• Administrators
1 minute ago, spamcan61 said:

Warming to the theme now, Andy reads out messages in the style of Gielgud's King Lear whilst Phil reads them in the style of Brian Blessed in Flash Gordon.

In a past life, when I was involved setting up the local council one-stop-shop, I suggested that we ought to get Brian Blessed to voice the "Counter number one" announcements. Everyone just ignored me...

Never mind, when I am in charge of the BBC, Blessed gets a role in Casualty. Every week, someone called Gordon will be in and nearly die. But not quite.

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Brian Blessed voices the role of "Grampy Rabbit" in Peppa Pig. He's a lighthouse keeper, who is also the fog horn, he just bellows "FOGGGGGGG" at the top of his voice. Inspired casting. Lost on children.

I've had a few of those full screen popups on mobile in the last few days, they are a bit of a pain!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This is the situation I raised at 19:41 last Wednesday and the 'discussion' has gone into some depth. Simplest way to dismiss the screen obscuring advert is to click the back arrow on the top left of the topic screen, select required topic again and you should be ok. Thanks to previous contributors for this advice.

Regards,

John

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/09/2021 at 20:17, uax6 said:

Or a Chocolate, where they do it stark naked. With Chocolate + they will both still be starkers but Andy will also be wearing a wig....

Andy G

:o:o:o

Anyone got some spare brain bleach, please?

:help:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

There's now this too. 

Already noted and escalated. 

Hi Andy, yes I noticed this when I tried to access my notifications on my phone using safari this morning.

On 17/09/2021 at 14:16, Phil Parker said:

Would that include a pot of tea and breakfast in bed ? 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, AY Mod said:

There's now this too. 

Already noted and escalated. 

I've found on my phone (Android & Chrome) that clicking the 3 dots, top right corner, then selecting Desktop View from the menu that comes up, gets rid of the blank box that covers the top bar of the Forum otherwise.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

I've found on my phone (Android & Chrome) that clicking the 3 dots, top right corner, then selecting Desktop View from the menu that comes up, gets rid of the blank box that covers the top bar of the Forum otherwise.

Did that and got the full screen pop-ups instead!  Is there no escape from this curse apart from signing up to Gold?

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, pwr said:

I don't mind adverts but why do we have to have pop ups?

Please read the earlier posts rather than me having to answer it again on a Sunday evening.

• Friendly/supportive 1

I too seem to be afflicted with the slow creeping banner on my android phone that makes it impossible to access any notifications or private mails unless you change to desk top mode then the screens to small to use so you have to expand the size to be able to click on what you want.

Is there no way please that this one banner can be removed or even moved to a different location as its made a lot of faffing around.

Steve

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Mike_Walker said:

Did that and got the full screen pop-ups instead!  Is there no escape from this curse apart from signing up to Gold?

Yes there is. If you use Firefox as your browser then as mentioned earlier there are settings which can be tweaked. Alternatively there is Adblock Plus (it's free) which gives an ad free experience. I have this and it's set to repel all adverts. Normally I set it to allow ads here as I know the revenue is part of how RMweb is funded. However while the pop ups are appearing I've had to activate for here as some of the ads were causing the pc to lock up. As soon as the pop ups go, I'll ret set the permissions.

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1