Lochty lane and Victoria park

Andrew

If you Google "Lochty Lane" you can find the plan of Lochty Lane form Railway Modeller.    It has been drawn with squares that are 1 foot square. In 4mm, each square theoretically would be 17.5cm, and you can use this wherever an O Gauge plan is marked up in this way. The article in RM says the scenic section is 8 feet 6 inches long, which would be around 5 feet in OO, or 1.5m. I cannot find a similar plan of Victoria Park, though, but I think there was an earlier RM article that might have it.

• 1 year later...

Lochty lane 

Hello all members 

Lochty Lane servicing or stabling point of Scottish are more fun with lots change of diesel locomotives ?

How other diesel locomotive want move from out of servicing shed but other locomotive is refuelling Means one track is blocked ?!?!

Please help me with that

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

20 hours ago, class37418stag said:

Lochty lane 

Hello all members 

Lochty Lane servicing or stabling point of Scottish are more fun with lots change of diesel locomotives ?

How other diesel locomotive want move from out of servicing shed but other locomotive is refuelling Means one track is blocked ?!?!

Please help me with that

There are a few videos of Lochty Lane on YouTube. You are correct in stating  that if a loco is at the refuelling point at the right hand end of the layout it will prevent locos from moving out of the servicing shed. The videos seem to show locos pausing momentarily at the fuelling point and then departing the depot allowing further loco movements. Not an ideal arrangement. I would suggest using the siding next to the servicing shed for fuelling. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/04/2022 at 13:15, Alcanman said:

There are a few videos of Lochty Lane on YouTube. You are correct in stating  that if a loco is at the refuelling point at the right hand end of the layout it will prevent locos from moving out of the servicing shed. The videos seem to show locos pausing momentarily at the fuelling point and then departing the depot allowing further loco movements. Not an ideal arrangement. I would suggest using the siding next to the servicing shed for fuelling. 

This sounds like one of Ian Futers' creations.  A great designer and modeller I first knew 35 years ago and who loved Scottish railways. If it is what I think it is it will be based on a smallish Scottish location, which means it won't be particularly busy. Therefore part of the attraction of the layout would be the enforced waits while fuelling etc happened.      

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

This sounds like one of Ian Futers' creations.  A great designer and modeller I first knew 35 years ago and who loved Scottish railways. If it is what I think it is it will be based on a smallish Scottish location, which means it won't be particularly busy. Therefore part of the attraction of the layout would be the enforced waits while fuelling etc happened.      

Yes, it is one of Ian Futers layouts. Whilst I take your point regarding 'enforced waits while fuelling etc happened', I'm not sure the viewing public would appreciate this at an exhibition. They like to see movement on a layout. Also, from the videos I've watched locos didn't stop for more than a few seconds at the fuelling point before moving off.

Having said that, I've been a big fan of Ian Futers layouts for over 40 years and I'm currently planning a 00 gauge version of one of his favoured '3 point' layouts'.