Four Greens Railway - Llandyfai

ashl3y60

Good afternoon,

This is for the ongoing build of my 00 gauge exhibition layout Llandyfai.

Its based upon the Arriva Trains Wales era from 2003 until 2008 in South Wales area. The layout has no fixed location within South Wales, despite the name Llandyfai translating to Lamphey in English with the actual village in South Pembrokeshire on the Pembroke Dock branch line. 

The layout is a simple end to end, built on two base boards, on with a station and town scene the other incorporating two sidings and behind them is the fiddle yard with the track mainly being SMP bullhead rail.  

The layout is fully operational, I'm just continuing with scenery and will try to keep this page updated.

The layout is on both Facebook and Instagram @FourGreensRailway where many more photos and previous updates are available.  

Kind Regards,

Ashley

received_3088077167920083.jpeg

received_984182925385323.jpeg

• Like 3

Good morning,

Just a photo of my platform, this was done around last spring and I haven't done much else to the platform since.

Waiting to finish some larger projects off first, such as the backscene as I don't want to damage any of finer details that will be on the station area etc.

The platform is made of solid wood, the edges made from PECO concrete platform edges and the platform coping is by Scale Model Scenery. The platform surface is a combination of Rust-oleum Concrete effect and Aged Iron textured aerosols, sprayed onto a sanded down Polyfiller surface.

Cheers,

Ashley

IMG_20200309_184504_332.jpg

• Like 3

On 15/10/2020 at 15:13, tomparryharry said:

I like the platform edge. Nice!

Thank you! The pictures are quite poor at the moment, something I hope to rectify soon. I had originally used a different a different sized Scale Model Scenery platform edging but this didn't work so I used a smaller one. As a result I had to use more pollyfiller on the platform and used a different textured aerosol.  This made my redoing of the platform look like it had been done on purpose. 

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon, 

Some pictures of a recently completed project. I had got myself a Bachmann 150/1 in First Great Western livery with some damaged transfers, so thought I'd replace these using Railtec ones and conduct some interior upgrades at the same time. This involved the removal of excess plastic and adding thin wire to seat tops and poles within the units. These were then painted the appropriate colours, I also sprayed the interior white to brighten things up! 

Next some much needed weathering, but for now, some pictures! 

Cheers, 

Ashley

IMG_20201116_113112_181.jpg

IMG_20201112_202040_615.jpg

IMG_20201112_194957.jpg

Edited by ashl3y60
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Southwich said:

Really nice work on that mate! I think it’s quite a nice livery that - looks good on the 150. Passengers next?

Kind regards,

Will

Cheers! Passengers will definitely be fitted, however, I believe they are being fitted to my class 153 at the moment aha.

Regards,

Ashley  

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

So the town scene is developing well, I've used Bachmann Scenecraft as I don't fancy scratch building it! These buildings will be heavily customised in time and the pavements finished off appropriately. Next is to finish the rear of the retail park and install it. This will finish off the backscene, then on to the road markings but I have no idea how I'll do those yet! 

Also, new phone so and new camera that isn't cracked aha nothing flashy but it's decent enough. 

Kind regards,

Ashley

IMG20201202121351.jpg

IMG20201202121314.jpg

IMG20201202121302.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hello again,

Been awhile, but not much to report on the layouts scenery status at the moment, hopefully got some stuff to share soon though! 

I have however, been working on some stock including the interior of my ATW Class 143. Been a really fun project so far but only one coach completed currently and moving on to the next coach soon. Quite an array of modifications have been done on the interior that are visible from the photos below. My girlfriend kindly helped out by painting the seats for me, lucky me!

Regards,

Ashley

IMG20210506153028.jpg

IMG20210506153016.jpg

IMG20210506153140.jpg

IMG20210506133312.jpg

IMG20210506133319.jpg

IMG20210506132646.jpg

IMG20210506132652.jpg

IMG20210506132721.jpg

Edited by ashl3y60
  • Like 1