Cutlers Green Halt.

• RMweb Gold

Cutlers Green Halt railway station was a station serving the hamlet of Cutlers Green. The station area was a raised cinder platform with a railway carriage as a waiting area.

I plan to make this a running plank and will be using Peco SL code 100 track. This will be fitted onto a scalemodelscenery photo plank board.

I have added a picture of the area I’m planning to model.

995A0F7F-BD0E-4509-AF41-23479756333A.jpeg.4f8f2220d8ee14bc28b35cec1aca014e.jpeg

• Like 13

Nice idea, Kevin!  The grounded coach was probably ex GER and I exoect hard to find, but there is a very similar GWR all third coach kit in the Parkside catalogue: PC610.  Not identical, but does have five doors as your prototype pic seems to show. Anyway, good luck!

Mike

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Spotlc said:

Nice idea, Kevin!  The grounded coach was probably ex GER and I exoect hard to find, but there is a very similar GWR all third coach kit in the Parkside catalogue: PC610.  Not identical, but does have five doors as your prototype pic seems to show. Anyway, good luck!

Mike

Hi Mike thanks for the heads up on the grounded coach. It does not have to be identical as long as I capture the theme in this build.

Nice. I've got a growing fondness of remote, sparse little halts. That's a great photo to use as your starting point.
I've not seen many (if any) pics of halts with a grounded coach body - I really like that.
Looking forward to seeing this one develop

• Agree 1

I'm going to follow this build with interest as I'm also building a layout with an Elsenham and Thaxted branch in O gauge. It's loosely based on Thaxted and I've called it Thaxham.

This is the station building.

IMG_2047.JPG.45f810595f201168d896cae3d218677a.JPG

IMG_2048.JPG.affc1609c259af62a93969aeda735449.JPG

Still some work to do.

This is the grounded coach body, a pair of Slaters 6 wheel coach sides, the rest scratch built.

IMG_2066.JPG.954ead9fe551041a03b029b5ea5a2431.JPG

Cheers, Pete.

• Like 4