Early Class 25/0 Sound

sulzer71

Morning

Not sure if this is the correct place for asking this question so if not could admin please move 

I have one of the new Bachmann 24/1's that i'm currently converting to an early 25/0 (25001-25025) , what i want to know is if a class 24 sound decoder is still suitable for this particular variant? I have a spare SLW decoder which has been reblown with the latest version of the Scottish sound file , i also have a Zimo adapter board for said decoder so my plan was to remove the Bachmann main board and have the chassis milled to allow better speakers to be fitted and wire everything in via the Zimo board

Tia

Dave

Edited by sulzer71
Added more details

If we're going by the book "No". 24s and 25s had different power  unit that were rated differently and give of a different sound but to be honest (this will shock the rivet counters) go with it. It gets more fun if you are doing 26s as they were fitted with 25/27 power units when they were rebuilt but got de rated down in horse power. I even bought a spare PU for 25262 which came out of 26038.

My view on DCC sound is if it sounds right then it is right.

Edited by 25901
  • Agree 1