Hornby 2021 Announcement Date?

JohnR

• RMweb Gold

I’m always cautious about new announcements with items still outstanding from previous years.  I like to be optimistic but the issues with delays at Bachmann (I’m just using them as a example) but they aren’t the only ones that have experienced this.

I hope delay’s will slowly become less of a issue over time, I remain optimistic :P:P:P

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hornby are pretty good in terms of lead times, and with the 57' Collett suburbans were excelllent!  Had they not had the original Terrier spat with Rails, we might have seen the 5101/61xx out in similar time...  Blue box are improving, but only in the sense that they are now able to predict for 3 months at a time!  There are several items yet to materialise that have been outstanding for several years, which is not really acceptable behaviour, though I will concede that they had some trouble with Chinese factory closures which must have put some of these projects back by a couple of years; trouble was they were already a long time a comin' round the mountain...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

This year (despite Covid) Hornby have announced and then produced / delivered a very ambitious programme of new / anniversary products. 

Inevitably there are a few items still coming through the production lines, but I've been impressed at the quantity of products arriving.

Whilst there will be an element of catching up in 2021. The New Year announcement won't be as full as this year - unless Hornby are going to celebrate 101 years :-)

• Agree 9

15 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

This year (despite Covid) Hornby have announced and then produced / delivered a very ambitious programme of new / anniversary products. 

Inevitably there are a few items still coming through the production lines, but I've been impressed at the quantity of products arriving.

Whilst there will be an element of catching up in 2021. The New Year announcement won't be as full as this year - unless Hornby are going to celebrate 101 years :-)

4th January or 11th 2021 range announcement! The 2020 catalogue was as thick as or thicker like the 2008-11 catalogues (because of Hornbys 100th centenary year a huge milestones a very special year). I think you are correct it will probably not be as large. The 2021 range and the 67th edition catalogue will probably be like the 2017-19 catalogues. 

• Like 1

• AY Mod locked this topic