BLOCKsignalling reverse module REV1 incompatible with TCS DP2X-UK DCC chip ?

posneg6

Hi All, anyone come across this problem? I have only three locos running at the moment two Bachmann Pannier Tanks both with TCS DP2X-UK  and an Ivatt 4MT with an NCE14 SR . All run well with the LDT Reverse Loop Module KSM-SG-F but when the Panniers run through the track at any speed other than full throttle with the Blocksignalling Autoreverser REV1 that track shorts out and will not run! I have contacted Blocksignalling in the UK but they can offer no advice they suggested it was my loco and at the time I too thought it must be that as my other loco with the NCE chip worked fine. now I took the Suspect Pannier apart cleaned the wheels and pick ups, same deal, so I ran my other Pannier with the same TCS chip and got the same result.  So to clarify the locos with the TCS chip will run on the REV1 track at full speed but if I slow down or stop on that section the REV1 module shuts off power to that section.

IMG_6277.jpeg.f7e9ce1177c13a764150b8d1a2eca590.jpeg

IMG_6309.jpeg

IMG_6308.jpeg

Edited by posneg6
Typo

What's your DCC system ?   (Presumably a Roco one from the shot of the Multimaus ?) 

I think it is unlikely to be a CV setting in the decoders.  

Your first posting had the solution inside it - the Block Signalling device doesn't work with your system, the LDT device does work.   So, that gives the pragmatic answer: get another LDT unit.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I'm not familiar with the REV1 but the write up on their web page says it will cut the power if it can't resolve the short so that's clearly what is happening.  It looks like some characteristic of the locomotive and its current draw at certain speeds when it crosses the boundary into the reversing section is presenting a set of electrical conditions that the REV1 short detection algorithm cannot cope with.

I had a similar problem when I designed my own current detecting polarity changers and the algorithm worked perfectly except when a Class 40 or a Class 44/45/46 crossed the boundary.  Then the command station would trip.  It turned out to be a timing issue with the period between the transient short caused by the outer unpowered wheel of the 1Co bogie very briefly bridging the insulated rail joiner and the powered part of the bogie bridging it shortly after.  The problem you are seeing is going to be something along those lines where some combination of the electrical behaviour exhibited by some locomotives is confusing the algorithm. 

Nothing you can do about it with a commercial product other than use the alternative which you know doesn't have the problem.

Edited by DY444
  • Like 1

• posneg6 changed the title to BLOCKsignalling reverse module REV1 incompatible with TCS DP2X-UK DCC chip ?