R & W Hawthorn records

Can anyone help with locating the locomotive records, and hopefully drawings of R & W Hawthorn?  I am looking for details of an 0-4-0T locomotive, works number 958 of 1856.  It was named Havilah, and ordered by the Edenham Branch Railway.  There was a photograph of it in The Locomotive Magazine in 1908.

Tyne & Wear Archives hold the Hawthorn Leslie archives - I looked out some photos there about 10 or 15 years ago and they were very good about supplying copies.  Not sure how much older material (i.e. the R W Hawthorn records you're after) but it may be worth enquiring.  They are closed for personal visits at present it seems - https://twarchives.org.uk/

• Thanks 1

You will struggle for older drawings as a sizeable portion were destroyed in an effort to douse fires caused by incendiary bombs dropped on the works (RS&H by that time) during WW2. This is why only a small percentage of Kitson & Co. and Manning Wardle drawings survive, RS&H having inherited the goodwill, drawings and patterns during the inter-war years. 

Paul A.