Rainbow Railways

George C Gray

Just a wee note to say that I got a couple of renumbered and detailed class 37 Bachmann locos from Rainbow Railways. Both in Scottish refined BR blue livery one is a Motherwell 37/3 the other an Eastfield 37/0 with white stripe. Both excellent models and a very happy customer

Edited by George C Gray
To reflect shop name
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I bought the AMRSS limited edition Bachmann 47708 Waverley from Rainbow Railways, which had been professionally weathered by them.    Price was only £10 more than the unweathered version and the weathering was very well done and really brings the 47 to life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

In normal times we would have been enjoying being at Model Rail Scotland. Whilst we can’t be there in person this year Rainbow Railways have some special offers on a few Scottish themed models including our resprayed and printed Scotrail 153’s available to purchase whilst stocks last:

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/Hornby-class-153-153380-scotrail-saltire-livery-dcc-ready-oo-gauge-repaint/

Alternatively you can also preorder the new 2021 Hornby Scotrail 153’s with normal discounts applied:

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/Hornby-r30011-scotrail-class-153-153377-oo-gauge/

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/Hornby-r30071-scotrail-class-153-153380-oo-gauge/

Also back by popular demand and very limited stock we have a couple of exclusive Realtrack Class 156 models in Scotrail Swoosh livery and Strathclyde livery.

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/realtrack-class-156-156457-scotrail-whoosh-livery-oo-gauge/

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/realtrack-class-156-156502-strathclyde-orange-and-black-livery-oo-gauge/

Thank you from all of us at Rainbow Railways

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

The latest Bachmann class 20’s are now in stock DRS original version 20306 and renumbered version as 20310. 

We also have Harry Needle pairs with 20311 and 20314 ideal for modelling those stock moves and spot hires. 

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/Bachmann-class-20-20314-harry-needle-railroad-company-orange-livery-dcc-ready-oo-gauge/

thanks

Mark

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow Railways have now opened a shop in Linlithgow, it opened on Wednesday. It’s within the cafeteria of ‘Playbugs’ children’s soft play centre in the Littlemill Business Park.

Unit 24 Little Mill Business Park
Linlithgow Bridge
Linlithgow
West Lothian
EH49 7DA.

Arran Aird of C-Rail will be there on Saturday with some of his latest products.

Great to see a new Model Railway shop opening and when the play centre reopens, hopefully helping to create a future generation for our hobby.

I have no links with this business other than a satisfied customer.

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26/04/2021 at 13:27, The Black Hat said:

Any chance of the Bachmann 158 in Northern Midnight blue and purple... or the Realtrack class 156 in Northern Spirit but with Northern rail franchise branding as at right at start of the previous franchise? 

TIA

Hi,

We did do a few Northern Spirit 156’s last year so it is possible to do one like that in the future. The only issue is until the next batch get produced there isn’t enough models available. We do have a few of the Provincial and Barbie livery units in stock thanks to Charlie for sending them up but they won’t hang around for long judging by the interest last week.

As for the 158’s they have been extremely popular in Scotrail and Northern bubbles liveries. Every batch we’ve done have sold out within a few hours and we will do more as stock becomes available. 

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi,

We did do a few Northern Spirit 156’s last year so it is possible to do one like that in the future. The only issue is until the next batch get produced there isn’t enough models available. We do have a few of the Provincial and Barbie livery units in stock thanks to Charlie for sending them up but they won’t hang around for long judging by the interest last week.

As for the 158’s they have been extremely popular in Scotrail and Northern bubbles liveries. Every batch we’ve done have sold out within a few hours and we will do more as stock becomes available. 

Thanks

Mark

Some more Anglia 90’s would be nice too !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just want to give a shout out to Rainbow Railways New shop in Linlithgow, West Lothian in Scotland

(Half an hour from Edinburgh, 40 Minutes from Glasgow) Popped in for a wee look after finding they were there by accident, Very Impressed ! Had a long and Very pleasant chat to Mark the proprietor who is very knowledgeable and made me feel very welcome. Children are welcome and actively encouraged ( I'm sure if the big kids have a quiet word with Mark he 'might' even let them play in the ball pit, Go down the slide or play on some of the other attractions while your younger ones try out the test layout in the shop area :good_mini:

The Shop,

A great range in stock including :-

Hornby

Some Bachmann ( more in the pipeline, cmon Bachmann, finger out !)

Accurascale

Revolution

Dapol

Heljan

Gaugemaster

DCC Concepts

Cavalex

Peco ( he had some points lurking on the counter and the track I ACTUALLY went in for)

And several others Ive forgotten

Oo and N gauge

Lots of accessories and necessities, Paint, rail joiners and most other essential bits and bobs.

They also offer in house services from decoder fitting to weathering  and probably all points in between

Plans are well Advanced to Add more well known  names to the Ranges they stock

Mark mentioned in passing that they forsee no problems with, and are happy to take Hornby Pre Orders. They do Click and collect, and mail order, (You can ring and chat to Mark or use the website to do click and collect) but beware, if you go on the web site, or indeed wander in with an un secured wallet you do run the risk of leaving with a bag of goodies at very reasonable prices and a lighter wallet :rolleyes:

Talking to Mark his enthusiasm shines through for the Hobby and I highly recommend A visit

P.S. they are on restricted opening times at the moment for physical visits ( wed to sat 10- 5 ) but you CAN order on the website and collect or have it delivered

They are hoping to fully open soon. Oh and did I mention they have an in house Cafe ??  Coffee or Tea and Cake. . Whats not to like !

No connection but a delighted customer, happy to see green shoots peaking through in the Scottish model railway retail sector ( cmon guys its not too far, come and support a local retail shop :danced:)

Cheers

Matt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2021 at 13:44, adb968008 said:

Some more Anglia 90’s would be nice too !

Hi,

There will be a few more Anglia 90’s, 90015 going on the website next week. Following these should be another batch of the Freightliner orange ones. 

Thanks
Mark

14 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi,

There will be a few more Anglia 90’s, 90015 going on the website next week. Following these should be another batch of the Freightliner orange ones. 

Thanks
Mark

:offtopic:  90 in an Anglia?  You were doing well to get 70 mph out of the early models!

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/07/2021 at 22:34, Esmedune said:

They have the best prices on DCC Concepts rolling road stock. They are looking to get the 12 pack back in stock for me. Just waiting to hear from them.

Good to their word, they got the 12 axel rolling road in for me at £80, and sent it next day. I very mugh recommend!

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

Just thought a little update that we are delighted to now be official Bachmann stockists. Thanks to Ron and the team at Bachmann, over the coming weeks more Bachmann, Graham Farish, Scenecraft and Woodland scenic products will be arriving in store and on our website. 

As items arrive or confirmed orders are placed, products  will be added to the website for purchase or pre-order in the case of future releases.  This couldn’t have come at a better time with the exciting announcement of the new class 47’s. The SFX versions are already proving very popular.

Thanks for the kind words above and to all our customers who have ordered online/phone and visited so far.

Many thanks

Mark

• Like 8

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has visited our new shop since we opened at the end of April and to all our online customers throughout the UK and beyond. 

We are very fortunate to be able to stock all the leading model railway manufacturers of British outline ranges and as a result are increasing our shelf space and display counters to offer even more choice. 

Thanks

Mark

973AA877-BE4E-4C8C-B8F4-95E2C5344E92.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Just thought I’d share the latest Bachmann Class 66 to get the Rainbow treatment. DB’s green machine 66004 I am a climate hero resprayed and artwork printed directly on the body sides. Even has tiny leaf transfers next to the cab top light on the ends. These have just hit the website today and already very popular.

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product/Bachmann-class-66-66004-i-am-a-climate-hero-livery-db-oo-gauge-dcc-ready-repaint/

Thanks 

Mark

95FA0A89-1413-405C-A7E5-501C7469ACA6.jpeg

B615DB3D-5D1C-49F9-823A-A13A27C70F20.jpeg

AF1A9731-54BE-4CBA-8DDF-3A2CD8608838.jpeg

E28359C9-779F-401E-BA27-A88C61A15492.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1