Rainbow Railways

George C Gray

On 15/08/2021 at 21:09, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has visited our new shop since we opened at the end of April and to all our online customers throughout the UK and beyond. 

We are very fortunate to be able to stock all the leading model railway manufacturers of British outline ranges and as a result are increasing our shelf space and display counters to offer even more choice. 

Thanks

Mark

973AA877-BE4E-4C8C-B8F4-95E2C5344E92.jpeg

All the joy of flat packs hehe. Personally I'd say the first stage of assembly is make a cuppa...

Seriously though good luck in your expanded venture and I might have to order an item or two.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hello everyone,

This weekend we have a very special offer on Heljan BOC tanks at just £45 each. Get them

while you can.

Thanks

Mark

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/product-category/Heljan-wagons-oo-gauge/Heljan-boc-tankers/?fbclid=IwAR1xyOzFu6xzAM_pBi7rXB_Gbf8tiHjcFglzZC9EyNEG6i-spGpHuuRQ97M

image.png.cd01faf58ffed89de0a88577e164d73c.png

That’s us all sold out. Thank you to everyone that’s put an order in with us.

thanks

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we have our Black Friday Event in store Friday 26th 10am to 7pm

We will have loads of fantastic offers across our Model Railway, Scaletrix, Airfix Quick Build and Tamiya Radio control cars. 
Stocking fillers for all the family.

See Hornby’s Play Trains Range
Train sets for going around the Christmas tree
Mince pies 
Refreshments 

We are also delighted to welcome Richard from DCCconcepts in store to assist with any technical questions you may have on their range. Richard is available in our shop all day complete with demonstration layout. This is a brilliant opportunity to come and see the new ESP control system and get some fabulous gifts from Soldering stations, Rolling Roads or even the NCE power cab.

As if that’s not enough excitement we will also be announcing our next exclusive model in OO.

And not just models! The body shop will also have a stand for those lovely Christmas gifts from 3-7pm.

We look forward to seeing you all on Friday. 

Thank you

Mark

Edited by MRDBLUE17
  • Like 3

Hey Mark,

I wish I lived closer to be able to visit your store and support you - hope your event goes well.  So what’s the exclusive then… I’ve got a number of TUAs on order and am curious what next…?

M

• Thanks 1

On 26/11/2021 at 11:57, Matt said:

Hey Mark,

I wish I lived closer to be able to visit your store and support you - hope your event goes well.  So what’s the exclusive then… I’ve got a number of TUAs on order and am curious what next…?

M

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the kind words. We’ve got a few offers online this weekend and our new exclusive is the Viridian Green livery on Revolutions model of Caroline.

Thanks

Mark

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

VERY impressed with the great service from Rainbow Railways at Model Rail Scotland. While some of the vendors seemed to want to just shift boxes, Mark at Rainbow Railways spent a lot of his time sharing his knowledge with me to help me look out for the right kind of stock I wanted to go with the loco I had just bought. It wasn't sales talk, but a genuine desire to help and a depth of knowledge of the market you'd only get from a true enthusiast. 

Really decent and knowledgeable people, and an absolute pleasure to deal with. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I would have to say I agree. I too had a good chat with Mark and I thought the effort he’d gone to with his stand was way more impressive than the norm with many locos displayed in the glass cases. Hope it worked out well for you and your efforts were rewarded Mark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Thank you both for the kind comments. Glad you like the models. 

I still want the original Malcolm livery for myself to pair with the Collectors club model in red. The Bachmann class 90 is a very good model and we will do more. 

We do keep a customer/request list so if you want a certain 90 livery we are out of stock on just drop me a PM with name and contact number and which loco you’d like and as and we we produce them we can call and see if you still want it. We can do with and without sound as well. 

Thank you

Mark

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just received a strange e-mail this afternoon.

Supposedly from Wordpress and titled "Wallet Updating Notification" with a reply address of sales@rainbowrailways.co.uk

The e-mail says

"Merchant has credited your wallet byGBP 1".

I have bought from Rainbow Railways in the past but have no record of having a "wallet" with them, nor can I think of any reason why they would gift me one pound.

Have they been hacked?

Edited by cessna152towser
omission
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I have an account but have never bought anything at Rainbow Railways & had this. Went into my bank account & 100% all fine. 

Must be a scam going around. 

Edited by Weeny Works

2 hours ago, Bucoops said:

It looks like @MRDBLUE17 may be linked with Rainbow going by the Accurascale 37 thread, perhaps Mark can assist?

It’s genuine - they have set up a new system to allow people to make payments as and when for pre-orders but it also seems to have given everyone a pound who has an account.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, Bedlington North said:

I've had this too. I did then log into my account on the Rainbow Railways website and the £1.00 credit is showing up there. It's strange indeed....

There is nothing 'dodgy' about Rainbow Railways, as I have known Colin & Mark for years, so if anyone needs the new Rainbow Railways/Railtrack Limited editions coming later this year from them, get enquiring now!!!

IMG_1096a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, charliepetty said:

There is nothing 'dodgy' about Rainbow Railways, as I have known Colin & Mark for years, so if anyone needs the new Rainbow Railways/Railtrack Limited editions coming later this year from them, get enquiring now!!!

IMG_1096a.jpg

I don't think it's correct for you to quote me and imply that I said the company are dodgy. My post did not say that at all. I said it was strange that my account with them was credited with £1 for no reason. Still, don't let that stop you getting a plug in for your own products....

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Hello everyone,

Sorry for any concerns caused for all our customers who have an account registered with us yesterday. 

We have introduced a new facility on the website which will allow you to add credit into a secure wallet. It’s something that’s been requested especially with the ever growing number of items to pre-order. As part of activating this function, £1 has been deposited into your wallet. 

All safe & secure but you’ve gained an extra £1 on us.

All the best

Mark

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5