Rainbow Railways

George C Gray

18 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Just received a strange e-mail this afternoon.

Supposedly from Wordpress and titled "Wallet Updating Notification" with a reply address of sales@rainbowrailways.co.uk

The e-mail says

"Merchant has credited your wallet byGBP 1".

I have bought from Rainbow Railways in the past but have no record of having a "wallet" with them, nor can I think of any reason why they would gift me one pound.

Have they been hacked?

No issues - it’s a new function on the website so all registered customers have gained a£1.

Thanks

Mark

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bedlington North said:

I've had this too. I did then log into my account on the Rainbow Railways website and the £1.00 credit is showing up there. It's strange indeed....

It’s a new facility added to our website and it’s generated a £1 for you.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Weeny Works said:

I have an account but have never bought anything at Rainbow Railways & had this. Went into my bank account & 100% all fine. 

Must be a scam going around. 

It’s not a scam - our new function added a £1 to registered users when we activated it. 

thanks

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for me suggesting this the way I did, just trying to get over that Railbow railways are the type of young and upcoming buisness we all need to support to further inovation it the wonderfull hobby, as Rainbow will be stocking our Class 156s, I thought a plug to order from them would be OK.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Sorry to be a grump, but serious question and this is not a suggestion there is anything wrong with Rainbow Railways and I have been a happy customer.

If customers can place funds into the wallet as a means of saving for a pre-order, how is that money protected against the company going bust.

For example if I opened a savings account with my bank for the same purpose I would have FCA protection on those funds, are funds deposited within the Rainbow Railways wallet protected in any way?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/03/2023 at 10:51, MRDBLUE17 said:

Hello everyone,

Sorry for any concerns caused for all our customers who have an account registered with us yesterday. 

We have introduced a new facility on the website which will allow you to add credit into a secure wallet. It’s something that’s been requested especially with the ever growing number of items to pre-order. As part of activating this function, £1 has been deposited into your wallet. 

All safe & secure but you’ve gained an extra £1 on us.

All the best

Mark

Thanks - I confess I get so many dodgy emails I just ignored it

Chris H

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hello everyone,

Sorry for any concerns caused for all our customers who have an account registered with us yesterday. 

We have introduced a new facility on the website which will allow you to add credit into a secure wallet. It’s something that’s been requested especially with the ever growing number of items to pre-order. As part of activating this function, £1 has been deposited into your wallet. 

All the best

Mark

Cheers for the update Mark.

No purple smoke and mirrors and sounds good to me.

Now did someone mention ltd 156's 

rgds Mark 🤪

• Like 1

Thanks @charliepettyfor mentioning the 156’s which won’t be that far away now. Thanks to Charlie we have all the standard releases available to pre-order now.

As part of this run we are getting a getting a number of models that will get painted and printed into small runs as we did during quite a lot during lockdown so if there are particular liveries you want to see let us know.

Thank you

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

All the best

Mark

Came here to ask exactly about this, good to know it hasn't been some sort of phishing resulting from RR customer data being compromised.

I can't screenshot it now as I swiftly binned it but the initial email header, and if you dare to open it, email text and sender details are rather sparse.

Not saying I'm not grateful but perhaps perhaps a full explanation of what you were offering with embedded links to RR might have gone some way to allay any fears.

As internet customers we're constantly being told to be careful.

C6T.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Contacted Rainbow regarding availability of Peco 70line points and track

"Let us know what you want and we'll add them to the next Peco order".

8 days later, a package arrives containing the goods.

Great service from Rainbow (and Peco!)

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...