Mystery Ivatt 2mt Tank Kit

James J

Hello- this is my first topic and not one I'd have liked to by my first but here goes...

I've wanted to start off my proper kitbuilding with something quite cheap but of substance, and I found the McGowan V3 on the dreaded site. It has arrived today with everything sealed nicely, however there are no instructions. Could anyone help out with this?

I thought this was quite a big problem, until I checked the parts. As you can see on the picture, the two biggest by far are the side tanks, but they look nothing like those of the V3, and more like a large LMS or BR tank. Any thoughts?

Look forward to some help,

James

v3.jpg

Edited by James J

Wow- thank you all for replies- what an amazing site this is!

I've been suspecting the same about the sides, yes perhaps an LMS or BR 2MT. I'll contact the seller and either get a refund, get the name and instructions of the kit I've actually been given or retrieve the missing parts

Thank you again, I'll keep everyone updated whether you like it or not :laugh_mini:

James

• Like 2

• James J changed the title to Mystery Ivatt 2mt tank kit- Help Required!
  • RMweb Premium

Looks like a Ks kit to me - I have one .. it is very old kit... if you want to build it I can scan a copy of the instructions.

Wizard only do ex Comet loco kits though.. and Andrew wouldn't let these castings out with his name on them!

Baz

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes. The extra bits are so you can make the BR 2MT 2-6-2T instead.

I have a feeling they sold some of them on the shrink-wrapped cardboard packs. Possibly the previous owner has put them in an old box for safe keeping.

The Comet Ivatt 2MT chassis should fit it though and would be better than an original K's version.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 20/10/2020 at 18:00, Barry O said:

Looks like a Ks kit to me - I have one .. it is very old kit... if you want to build it I can scan a copy of the instructions.

Wizard only do ex Comet loco kits though.. and Andrew wouldn't let these castings out with his name on them!

Baz

Sorry if I was unclear:fool: - I would love a scan of the instructions please because I have decided to build it ( whilst getting a half refund because of the confusion- not bad! ) along with the comet chassis. Being new to kit building, there's no doubt it'll look like Crewe  outsourced to Wonky Works when kit comes to the wheels :laugh:

• James J changed the title to Mystery Ivatt 2mt Tank Kit