Working Analogue Lever Frame. Any kits etc?

Hi all,

I recently finished this replica of a Leeds Model Company signal, from a picture of the original 1928 model. It will be living on my currently under construction coarse scale garden railway, but I am unsure the best way to operate it. Ideally a miniature lever frame would work, but I don’t know if anybody makes one. Your thoughts and advice is appreciated. 

thanks,

Douglas

030C7894-D4F7-434A-9277-B1EFF26502DC.jpeg

Edited by Florence Locomotive Works

There are a couple of options- I think MSC make a lever frame without interlocking:

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/signals/sm2/

That one will give a fair feel of a signalbox, but does not include interlocking.

If you _know_ what you want, or have a reasonable design (for example, a passing loop), then I would highly recommend 

https://modratec.com/index.php

which is an interlocking system that works well.  The missing part of it is the latching on the lever.

James

• Thanks 1

GEM made a white metal and brass lever unit that could be banked up in multiple. I have used them on my SM 32 track.

There was also an overscale unit, fabulous in both price and complexity, but I do not remember the manufacturer. The levers were about 80,mm in length with correct locking handles. Perhaps someone will be able to remember.

• Informative/Useful 1

On my friends 16mm narrow gauge layout he scratch built all his lever frames with brass and n gauge track for rodding. The points and signals are all interlocked using cranks. The 2nd picture showing one of the frames controls all the points you can see in the 4th picture plus the signal you can see. Everything is scratch built. Unfortunately these are the best pictures I have of the point and signal rodding. 

DSC_0079.JPG

post-21711-0-10317900-1538996463.jpg

post-21711-0-68197400-1538922168.jpg

DSC_0281.JPG

DSC_0322.JPG

DSC_0766.JPG

DSC_0801.JPG

post-21711-0-69759900-1538996447.jpg

post-21711-0-37247300-1538996492.jpg

Edited by cypherman

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2020 at 02:05, garethashenden said:

The Scalefour Society makes a kit. Not sure if it’s on sale to the general public or only members. The old version was on sale to the public but I don’t see the Mk2 kit listed in the public section. 

The Mk.1 Lever Frame (i.e. without the accompanying interlocking gubbins) remains on sale to any and all.  In my time spent manning the Scalefour Stand, I've heard of this being used in everything from 2mm to garden railways.

It's the second item down here: Scalefour Society public e-shop.

HTH,

Paul