M&SWJR Milk Van help.

Hi all.

I'm building the Mousa models M&SWJR milk van etched brass kit, and wondered if anyone knows what the roof vent spacing is? I'd like to get them marked out before I shape the roof etch. First brass kit btw. It was on sale and I thought it looked like a good starting point. No instructions in the kit, but I seem to be managing. Bit of a steep learning curve though. 

Many thanks

Haggerleases

I have the books, I do not think the spacing will be in them, Not many drawings exist , I would work out the spacing from the picture,

As long as they look close enough , no one will know. As long as your Happy and it looks right.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have my MSWJR Vol.3 to hand.

The vents do feature on the drawing although aren’t specifically dimensioned. There are pictures of No.2 as a grounded body so not sure if the positions were measured on site or estimated from photos.

The outer vents are drawn on the roof centreline and inner two are offset by 1’ either side (left then right). Spacing along the roof is 3’6” - 4’3” - 3’6”.

(Essentially, as per the van above ;))

I’ll do some MSWJR modelling one day...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi all. 

Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it. 

I have book one, (Bartholomew) and it's a good read, although some photographs are understandably very grainy. It's probably not one of the best known or photographed lines anyway, but a fascinating subject nonetheless. I would quite like books 2 and 3, but at the right price. 

Thanks again. 

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I wonder if some knowledgeable person could help me here? I am continuing with the M&SWJR milk van, but for the life of me I can't work out what these parts are from the etch. I have folded one, and left the other. Anyone care to enlighten me as to their purpose?

P1080036.png

Edited by Haggerleases