Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Live steam loco and track.

Sweep

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't touch any of this stuff with a barge, never mind a bargepole.  The prices seem odd for the products, sometimes insanely cheap but more often unaccountably expensive, who(what)ever wrote the descriptions clearly has a poor command of English and might be computer generated.  It bears all the hallmarks of a scam, probably so crude as to be no more than taking your cash and not supplying any goods.

Meet the instructions, steam locomotives are called steam locomotives.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Can't someone here just order one and report back what happens (nothing?) as a way of sating our curiosity?

The brass loco and track look to me like skilled home-engineering ......... i bet the person who spent hours making it, then proudly posted pictures on the web has no idea that their hobby has been ripped-off by scammers.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

Can't someone here just order one and report back what happens (nothing?) as a way of sating our curiosity?

The brass loco and track look to me like skilled home-engineering ......... i bet the person who spent hours making it, then proudly posted pictures on the web has no idea that their hobby has been ripped-off by scammers.

Erm. It's a scam. Using photographs they've found online usually eBay.

Just a way to harvest your details and credit card.

Good luck ordering one.....

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

You misunderstand: I have no intention of ordering one; the idea was that someone else should.

OK, I'll be up for ordering one. Just send me your credit card details and other necessary personal information and I'll order one ASAP!