3D printed Brecknell-Willis style pantograph!!

Quite happy with these results...a customer of ours requested our Brecknell-Willis pantograph kit be made available in brass. So we agreed and here's the results!! The customer has assembled it and with a few small mods has made it operational i.e. it can be raised and lowered.

Image credits: Aron.

A4A6C59B-369E-4200-9E8F-BA17DFAF2828.jpeg.fcbfefec4a9d81c0ebd075edeadf169c.jpeg

6FD0B20D-BEA5-4A08-86BB-F54EE42EF06A.jpeg.fa4c2feabae43d7cb5411588bc4841db.jpeg

Hope you guys like it...

Cheers!

Edited by MGR Hooper!
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Great! does it move, or fixed height?

I’ve been meaning to do the CAD for an N gauge one, don’t think it’d work commercially as I think they’d need to be treated as disposable due to the fragility. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

7 hours ago, njee20 said:

Great! does it move, or fixed height?

I’ve been meaning to do the CAD for an N gauge one, don’t think it’d work commercially as I think they’d need to be treated as disposable due to the fragility. 

The brass one was added upon request from a couple of clients. What you see is an image from one of the clients. As per feedback the ones in brass are poseable (i.e. movable) as brass is rigid and robust. We'd recommend it being assembled to be fixed. However the client is testing it out this past week and we're hoping to get some more concrete feedback soon. If it is a success we'll design an entire brass kit i.e. pantograph base, insulators and pantograph.

However the FUD and FXD variants cannot move as they're resin based and after a few tries the material smoothens out and eventually looses it's friction. The concept works, but the results vary from material to material.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Edge said:

Good luck making that work! The movement might be easy enough, it's springing it that's difficult - but it does look very promising.

No intentions of having it being made as a sprung pantograph. It always has been and always will be a poseable one....

• 11 months later...