Sound decoder options for Bachmann 32-352 BR 4MT tank

Virgil

I would appreciate any thoughts on the options available for sound decoders and speakers suitable to fit sound to a Bachmann 32-352 BR standard 4MT tank loco.
I’m doing it for a friend who has a fairly limited budget but I would be interested to hear about all possible variants.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

fullsizeoutput_b24.jpeg.2949d9e8b3cb3bca922123477a1606ed.jpegThanks for all inputs and suggestions, see the photo of the loco with Lenz Gold decoder removed, there isn't much room available for a speaker.

Could it go in the bunker under a fake coal load ?

It could but personally I prefer the chuff to come from the smokebox, sounds more realistic especially going into and coming out of tunnels, but it's an option though with problems routing the speaker wires through the Mazac casting.

On 21/10/2020 at 22:25, Virgil said:

Thank you Charlie, but option 5 is for an LMS Fairburn tank?

I'm wondering if the Fairburn tank would have an LMS hooter?

The Fairburn Tank when recorded has the whistle that a Fairburn Tank has, its what was recorded and on the project.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty

• RMweb Gold
On 22/10/2020 at 18:37, Virgil said:

It could but personally I prefer the chuff to come from the smokebox, sounds more realistic especially going into and coming out of tunnels, but it's an option though with problems routing the speaker wires through the Mazac casting.

My Fairburn install hard wired the decoder.  The 8 pin socket was removed and the speaker located on the now available platform.  The two support columns need removing.  The decoder was pushed into the smoke box.  An easy install if you don't mind removing the 8 pin socket.