Does anywhere have stock of Peco track again?

dan_the_v8man

I guess the question is what specifically are you looking for?  I'm sure there are plenty of shops with some Peco Code 100 track, but may not be the particular items that you're looking for (or at least not all of them).

My local model shop, Harburn Hobbies indicate some but not all of the Peco range as being in stock on their website - https://www.harburnhobbies.co.uk/acatalog/Streamline.html.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, brian777999 said:

How long will the Peco factory stay closed ? Have they given any indication ?

The factory is open again, shops are receiving deliveries but it's taking a while for stocks to build back up.

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, Dungrange said:

I guess the question is what specifically are you looking for?  I'm sure there are plenty of shops with some Peco Code 100 track, but may not be the particular items that you're looking for (or at least not all of them).

My local model shop, Harburn Hobbies indicate some but not all of the Peco range as being in stock on their website - https://www.harburnhobbies.co.uk/acatalog/Streamline.html.

I'm after Flexi track more than anything! But I will certainly be ordering a few bits from them :)

• RMweb Gold

From what someone said in the track shortages thread a couple of threads below this one is Peco are trying to be fair and sending small amounts to lots of suppliers rather than big chunks to a smaller number. So until they can catch up it might be worth doing a bit of ringing around different suppliers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dagworth said:

The factory is open again, shops are receiving deliveries but it's taking a while for stocks to build back up.

Andi

Yes, Peco have had to make ingenious use of the Pecorama facilities in order to ensure production continues in a Covid secure way - hence Pecorama not opening this season.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

Yes, Peco have had to make ingenious use of the Pecorama facilities in order to ensure production continues in a Covid secure way - hence Pecorama not opening this season.

Which was very inconsiderate of them, since I had planned to visit whilst I was on holiday down there in August! :laugh_mini2:

11 hours ago, Bucoops said:

From what someone said in the track shortages thread a couple of threads below this one is Peco are trying to be fair and sending small amounts to lots of suppliers rather than big chunks to a smaller number. So until they can catch up it might be worth doing a bit of ringing around different suppliers.

Did exactly that and got a couple of boxes to put me on for a bit 

• Like 1

Hobbyrail (Sutton Coldfield) has a reasonable, although diminishing stock of code 100 streamline points and flex. Setrack though, seems to have gone the way of rocking horse poop, to the point that Barrie was trying to persuade me to strip my 6x4 test layout for S/H turnouts...

Edited by Zunnan

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Mike at C&M said:

As a retailer, I have to thank Peco for keeping us fully informed of what is happening down at Beer. They have been prepared to tell us the bad news, as well as the good, so that we are aware why what would usually be normal is not happening. They have made a Herculean effort to keep all shops supplied

I could not agree with this more. Very well put.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

21 hours ago, Mike at C&M said:

It needs to put into context that Peco have been cursed with bad luck since the whole Covid shenanigans started.

The need for safe working environments and social distancing meant they had to adapt their production methods for this. Hence the closure of Pecorama to allow them to spread out their production area. And all this with a limited workforce due to the initial lockdown.

Factor in that the world and his dog suddenly found time to build layouts and use Peco products, and the production problems above. This saw existing stocks quickly exhausted and difficulties in replacing that stock. This problem is still to be fully resolved as they work hard on their production.

Throw in a cyber attack that effectively locked up all computer records for a few weeks, and just this week despatching of orders had to stop when a member of staff had a positive CoVid test.

As a retailer, I have to thank Peco for keeping us fully informed of what is happening down at Beer. They have been prepared to tell us the bad news, as well as the good, so that we are aware why what would usually be normal is not happening. They have made a Herculean effort to keep all shops supplied, so if you are unable to immediately find what you are looking for in your shop of choice, it is unfair to consider it to be a failing of Peco.

Totally agree, Peco have been wonderful at keeping us (the trade) informed and trying to be fair with everyone.  We still have stocks of Code 100 but going down fast, especially turnouts, but no Peco point motors of any sort left now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Try KMS Railtech in Scotland.

I needed some 5x Code 75 points (2, 2 and 1 quantity) and they were the first supplier I found with all three types in stock.

And good prices to boot.

So it may bode well for Code 100.

I have used them before and will probably use them again.

• 1 month later...
On 01/11/2020 at 13:54, Mike at C&M said:

As a retailer, I have to thank Peco for keeping us fully informed of what is happening down at Beer. They have been prepared to tell us the bad news, as well as the good, so that we are aware why what would usually be normal is not happening. They have made a Herculean effort to keep all shops supplied, so if you are unable to immediately find what you are looking for in your shop of choice, it is unfair to consider it to be a failing of Peco.

Thought it time to bring this topic to the front of our minds again.

It appears that matters are no better now than they were in early November?

I am told that orders to Peco (for 00 code 75 and 100 points etc., standard items, not the more unusual) are still mostly supplied missing more items than are supplied.

Also because Peco have no back ordering system, the missing items have to be ordered again, and so on and so on??

This must be a very frustrating process for anyone who wants specific items , say for a particular layout design build, rather than just for stock?

Any background on this and what is being done to combat the problem would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

13 hours ago, Mike at C&M said:

I will repeat my earlier comments. Peco are doing their very best to deal with the incredible demand for their products, and I applaud them for their efforts under difficult circumstances.

Thanks Mike,

I just expected there to be more (some?) comment on this situation in the model press!

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Paul at Alton models, superb service. I have been looking everywhere for Peco medium Electrofrog points. All the big boys saying they are awaiting supplies. Phoned Paul who had just what I needed, they were sent yesterday, delivered this morning. I had previously got some finescale track from Paul when nobody else had any. Brilliant service and shop from a satisfied customer. I only ordered what I needed, don't want any hoarding in model railways.

• Like 4