V4 Loksound into Hattons class 66

The Black Hat

Hello all, 

I have finally managed to chip my Hattons class 66 and fitted a V4 Loksound to the engine. However the headlight looks to be constantly on at both ends when fitted with this chip? Any idea of the CV settings to change this as? 

Otherwise might just take the plunge for a Lokprogrammer...

Thanks in advance...

23 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

You can't change that as far as I know, you need an 'MKL' standard decoder which has powered aux 3 and 4, if you use a decoder where aux 3 and 4 aren't powered from the decoder, they just stay permanently lit. Your best bet would be to reblow that decoder to use in something else then buy a Loksound 5 MKL for the Hattons model. A Lokprogrammer wont help here.

Someone may say it can be adjusted by changing some of the switches, but I've not seen anyone do that sucessfully

Richard

Still with the Lokprogrammer id be able to re-blow the engine myself though... right?

Managed to answer my own question having gone back and tried some more settings with the switches. I think I but the one closest to the end with the silencer on each set to the centre off and this controlled the white light at either end, turning it off. 

It means with the decoder im using I dont have night light mode - nor do I have the cab lights working. But, I do have proper day white lights going forwards and can control red lights at each end independently so that I can turn white lights off and turn then both on. That gives me white and red, or just white with train, or parking mode (no white and both ends red), which should cover most of the operations done. I can live with that until I get another chip for this one.  

Edited by The Black Hat