Removing loads from Dapol wagons?

Rob Haigh

Is there any easy way of removing the factory-fitted loads from Dapol wagons?

I can't see any lugs, clips or screws on the underside of the wagon body. Are they clipped in internally? Are they glued in?!

The types of wagons I'm referring are shown in the image below.

Thanks!

IMG_2064may13.jpg

2 hours ago, davy crockett said:

There two types, one is held in place with a screw underneath center of chassis. The other type just pushes in, its a tight fit, can be removed with a stanley type blade.

If I recall correctly, the screw holds the wagon body and chassis together as well as holding the load in. Possibly Dapol has changed that since I last got one of those wagons.

3 hours ago, davy crockett said:

There two types, one is held in place with a screw underneath center of chassis. The other type just pushes in, its a tight fit, can be removed with a stanley type blade.

Thanks, these two didn't have screws into the body (the only screws under there were for the couplings) but trusting you on the other type I used a Stanley knife and they did pop out after a careful wiggle.

I'm now left with disguising or removing the ugly weight in the hopper wagon; it's in the hopper itself rather than in the chassis like the Hornby version!

[Edited to include photos for anyone else wondering the same thing]

DSC_1308.JPG

Edited by Rob Haigh
Including photo