We are aware of the intermittent site speed issues at the moment. Please be patient and don't repeatedly click things as that compounds the issue.

World of Railways Virtual Show 2 - 7/8 November - #BigWORshow Part II

Don't miss our #BigWORshow Part II, live on November 7 - 8, 2020 at www.world-of-railways.co.uk! Our virtual exhibition returns, and is bigger than ever – don't miss it! More than 20 layouts, practical demonstrations, live model announcements and interviews with the biggest manufacturers in the hobby will feature. We'll see you there!

For more details on this show, visit www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/world-of-railways-virtual-exhibition

• Like 2

Listen to our official #BigWORshow Part II podcast, hosted by Corwin Bainbridge of YouTube channel Railway Mania, live at 18:00 today.

Sift your way through the witty banter to discover:

• Our favourite layouts in the #BigWORshow Part II...
  • Why Debbie's layout choice is the best... (fix! :P)
  • What we enjoy the most at model railway exhibitions...
  • Why Phil's favourite choice of model coupling is time consuming...
  • Why Andy's choice of model coupling is no better...
  • Why Howard is always right... ;)
  • Also, why Howard has an angry bunch of 2mm:1ft scale modellers knocking on his door!

For more details on this show, visit www.world-of-railways.co.uk/information/world-of-railways-virtual-exhibition

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• AY Mod changed the title to World of Railways Virtual Show 2 - 7/8 November - #BigWORshow Part II
  • Howard Smith pinned and featured this topic

We're all scurrying around at the moment bringing all the content together and it's quite something when you look at the volume of material that we will be putting out.

In addition to the layouts there are hours of video interviews with manufacturers and modellers, a sprinkling of new product announcements (more than we've seen at virtual events before), prize competitions and much more. I've just been watching some of the video with a well-known modeller with a somewhat large layout chatting about all manner of things whilst rendering a video for a product announcement that will unlock the wallets of certain sorts of modellers. I've strayed into the weird world of doing an unboxing video but that's because of a strange fetish I have for a feature on a particular box. ;)

More details in due course but it's mouth-wateringly good content. Make sure you save the dates and see the entertainment as it happens.

• Like 7

Some of this will run down to the wire this week ahead of the weekend. I should be receiving the EP samples of an as yet unannounced product directly from the factory (in this case seeing it even before the manufacturer) to include in the show. Quite exciting! It should be somewhere between the factory and the air cargo centre now.

DHL.jpg

Will it make it and what will it be? ;)

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

After a last afternoon sightseeing around Cologne, the Chocolate Museum and the cathedral were shut for some reason so the parcel must have spent some time spotting at the end of the bridge just by the station. 

Anyway; good news!

It's back on the move and heading for EMA.

Screenshot_20201103-234045.png

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I'm on the edge of my seat! This has more cliff-hangers than an 80s crime detective TV series. Will Andy's box make it through its globe-trotting adventure? And, more importantly, what's inside the box? Could it even be 'another' box? The thought...!!!! :D Please say we get an update on that box, too?

• Funny 2

It's getting closer!

4-11.JPG

1 hour ago, Howard Smith said:

I'm on the edge of my seat! This has more cliff-hangers than an 80s crime detective TV series. Will Andy's box make it through its globe-trotting adventure? And, more importantly, what's inside the box? Could it even be 'another' box? The thought...!!!! :D Please say we get an update on that box, too?

I can't say too much whilst I'm negotiating the film rights to the story.

• Funny 7