Heljan announce O gauge 73/1 and 27

AY Mod

13 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Studying the photo rails have on their site, the point of the yellow now looks to point at the number. It appears Heljan have corrected it, if thats what you meant?

yes they corrected that part of the yellow panel, but they failed to move the top of the yellow panel to suit. The top corner of the yellow panel should be in line with the bottom corner and finish as it comes off the curve of the front panel and not extend along the cab side. That was the position of 136 because the point lined up with the bottom of the blue stripe so the angle was correct.

because Heljan have lowered the point of the yellow panel the top should have been moved respectively to maintain the correct angles which they have not done

IMG_5806.jpeg.dc56241755d0110d951bfffec64e0843.jpeg

It might not be big, but it completely changes the shape of the yellow panel, and the angle and shape of the blue

Edited by 47606odin
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

My goodness me this is a good model.  The shape is spot on, everything is where it should be (I cannot comment on NSE livery, but the BR blue is perfect), the grilles and mesh are works of art, as are the cabs, and the bogies are in a different league to anything I have seen before.  I want to install some third rail, just so I can see the arcing pick-up shoes.  

Anyway, on the basis that a picture is worth a thousand words, feast your eyes on this beauty (and, because no one else has yet said it; thank you Heljan for taking us to a different league.  Long may it continue).  

PM

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

Edited by uk_pm
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, uk_pm said:

My goodness me this is a good model.  The shape is spot on, everything is where it should be (I cannot comment on NSE livery, but the BR blue is perfect), the grilles and mesh are works of art, as are the cabs, and the bogies are in a different league to anything I have seen before.  I want to install some third rail, just so I can see the arcing pick-up shoes.  

Anyway, on the basis that a picture is worth a thousand words, feast your eyes on this beauty (and, because no one else has yet said it; thank you Heljan for taking us to a different league.  Long may it continue).  

PM

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

it does indeed look a cracker, and I can’t 2ait for mine to arrive

Well, I know I’ve been critical of the error on the NSE livery, which was a disappointment personally, however……

OMG WHAT A STUNNER!!! 😍

IMG_4940.jpeg.ec20c76cfdb421e71445c7e68f500200.jpeg

IMG_4934.jpeg.8b153905ea4f6831a26ac307cc449eee.jpeg

and it arrived in Australia in one piece! Rest assured more will follow.

Sound chip and nameplates on the way, so welcome 73119 Kentish Mercury 

IMG_4936.jpeg

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Bargain, think I have heard you say in the past, wait a tad and prices will drop.

I had no idea earlier that Hattons is closing which is the reason for the discount. A real shame.

• Agree 1