Cobalt Omega, IP Analogue, and IP Digital, what is the difference?

Hi, I recently looking into DCC Concepts Cobalt range, I noticed the multiple different types and I was wondering what the difference between each one is, and what would be the best for my layout (DCC with control of an NCE or maybe a Digitrax) it's running using Peco Bullhead.

Cheers,

Patrick.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAutumn said:

Hi, I recently looking into DCC Concepts Cobalt range, I noticed the multiple different types and I was wondering what the difference between each one is, and what would be the best for my layout (DCC with control of an NCE or maybe a Digitrax) it's running using Peco Bullhead.

Cheers,

Patrick.

Hi Patrick,

This may help.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/the-evolution-of-the-cobalt-range-detail-comparisons/

For DCC control, the obvious option is a Digital IP with integral decoder. but there's always the choice of AD-FX decoder and AnalogIP or Omega types.

Physially, all three are the same size.

For DC control, the obvious choice is the Analog IP or Omega, but for future proofing for digital control, use a Digital IP - taking power from your DCC bus, but control it manually using the PBS terminals with a pair of pushbuttons or SPDT momentary switch.

Best Regards

The DCCconcepts Team

• Informative/Useful 1

48 minutes ago, DCCconcepts said:

Hi Patrick,

This may help.

https://www.dccconcepts.com/manual/the-evolution-of-the-cobalt-range-detail-comparisons/

For DCC control, the obvious option is a Digital IP with integral decoder. but there's always the choice of AD-FX decoder and AnalogIP or Omega types.

Physially, all three are the same size.

For DC control, the obvious choice is the Analog IP or Omega, but for future proofing for digital control, use a Digital IP - taking power from your DCC bus, but control it manually using the PBS terminals with a pair of pushbuttons or SPDT momentary switch.

Best Regards

The DCCconcepts Team

Much appreciated! Thank you for the assistance