Totem style layout name plaque

TomJ

Google and the search function have let me down! I'm sure I've seen companies who do a layout name plaque to go on the front of a baseboard (or wherever) in the style of a British Railways Totem sign. Have I dreamed this up or does such a product exist? And if so any ideas who or where?

Was thinking of mounting the layout name on the front on the baseboard (approx. 3inch deep) and thought a totem would look good. But no way my painting skills would be up to that!!!!

Thanks

1 hour ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

You are not dreaming. There is a business that does this. They turn up at exhibitions and do the signs there and then. But I can't remember the name.

Any local signwriting business could do this for you if you can do the artwork.

the issue I found with the company mentioned that turns up at exhibitions is that your not guaranteed to get one. A couple of years ago at ally pally I ordered one at the beginning of the day, at the end of the day it was still not done. This I put down to them being overwhelmed with orders. I was not the only disappointed customer and I got my money back.  

The 12" self adhesive vinyl ones from tracksidesigns.co.uk are about 3 1/4" deep, either stick the straight onto to layout or mount them on a bit of styrene sheet or similar first. £12 each, hassle free and quick.

offtherailsonline.com look to be about the same size but printed onto thicker material to start with, not tried them though.

The tracksideltd.co.uk ones are real, i.e. a hulking great bit of vitreous enamelled metalwork. I'd love one but there isn't enough spare wall in the shed ! (and I haven't got £300 spare).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Andymsa said:

the issue I found with the company mentioned that turns up at exhibitions is that your not guaranteed to get one. A couple of years ago at ally pally I ordered one at the beginning of the day, at the end of the day it was still not done. This I put down to them being overwhelmed with orders. I was not the only disappointed customer and I got my money back.  

As you say, that's certainly an issue with being overwhelmed at a busy exhibition. At something the size of Ally Pally I'd say you should expect one's chances to be low. I've used them at smaller exhibitions though, been very happy with the service.

14 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

As you say, that's certainly an issue with being overwhelmed at a busy exhibition. At something the size of Ally Pally I'd say you should expect one's chances to be low. I've used them at smaller exhibitions though, been very happy with the service.

I would accept this if I had placed an order late in the day, but not when an order is place at exhibition opening.