3D Printed Pre-Grouping Wagons 4mm-7mm

On 14/11/2020 at 17:24, 2750Papyrus said:

Just had a quick look at my 8 wheel brake van, which I have always assumed to be D&S.  I van confirm the use of two bogies, which themselves use compensation.

Cheers for the heads up, going to try and get those bogies working this week all being well, along with some suitable spaces/holes for the bearings on the stroudley

Had a go at painting up one of the 4mm Stroudley Lantern brakes, needs some transfers, which I still have to source somewhere, and probably a bit of weathering down to make sit better! Especially that bright roof! I still can't get bearings to work in such a narrow underframe, but the wheels turn pretty well without them, although not as cracking with bearings I imagine!

IMG_2090.JPG.78a7920bd6b5583c065ce685e5455038.JPG

• Like 8

Unfortunately its been a busy week workwise so haven't managed to model as much as I would have liked to!

Though have finished a couple of Brakes, the Billington was for a friend of mine who hasn't gotten round to making the kit yet he bought many years back so figured I would knock him one up as a surprise!

Secondly I couldn't resist this lovely SECR Incline brake, I believe there where only 2 ever made, but its so different, I thought I would model one up before I start tackling coaches!

1467653848_BillingtonBrake.jpg.d500239a59f2f9b673b3e77120d34fe7.jpg436473101_InclineBrakevan4.jpg.f6ec99bd6c95f7de1925dafda3d9a5f5.jpg2029534588_InclineBrakevan3.jpg.3ac1c687c4e8331f5cb83888a168c09a.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

Those look fantastic! Well done mate!!

I had best start working on my CAD skills and see if I can start doing things as well as you, especially since I managed to grab these cheap the other day!

Gary

Oh nice one Gary, you will be hooked dude, which reminds me I owe you a LBSCR stroudley brake chap, ping me your addy and I will try and get one off to you before xmas if thats ok dude? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, woko said:

A couple of the 4mm wagons painted before applying the transfers i still need to get, any ideas best place to get 4mm LBSCR wagon transfers? 

HMRS sheet 13, 'Southern' and 'Southern Pre-Grouping', 

IF anybody has them in stock

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nick Holliday said:

You could try Fox Transfers (no connection)

Cheers Nick, I have ordered some from HMRS for now, but im certain im going to need more as I keep going! Also  I noticed you where from my home town sir so an extra shout out for that :) 

20 hours ago, woko said:

Cheers Nick, I have ordered some from HMRS for now, but im certain im going to need more as I keep going! Also  I noticed you where from my home town sir so an extra shout out for that :) 

Does that mean I can have first dibs on any LBSC stock you produce????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Holliday said:

Does that mean I can have first dibs on any LBSC stock you produce????

Haha you are most welcome chap! I have promised Gary above a Stroudley Lantern brake for all his help on getting it right, but I figure I may stick a few 4mm ones up for anyone who wants them at the start of next year! I'm currently having way to much fun building this stuff, but constantly making amendments on them as I figure better ways to print and construct them as I go along. I now have 17 wagons ranging from LBSC to GNR and the odd SE&CR which is mostly for the clubs new 7mm layout we hope to get cracking on next year all being well and pandemic obliging!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, woko said:

Haha you are most welcome chap! I have promised Gary above a Stroudley Lantern brake for all his help on getting it right, but I figure I may stick a few 4mm ones up for anyone who wants them at the start of next year! I'm currently having way to much fun building this stuff, but constantly making amendments on them as I figure better ways to print and construct them as I go along. I now have 17 wagons ranging from LBSC to GNR and the odd SE&CR which is mostly for the clubs new 7mm layout we hope to get cracking on next year all being well and pandemic obliging!

Definitely keen for a Stroudley brake or any other LBSC stuff, it looks great. Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, LBSC123 said:

Definitely keen for a Stroudley brake or any other LBSC stuff, it looks great. Keep up the good work!

Cool great to know sir! I shall put you down for one, as long as Gary approves them that is ;)

• Funny 1

its been too damn cold to get out into the garage to do any printing so been catching up on a bit of modelling of some different wagons for a bit of a change! SE&CR  Brake Van and 4 plank         SECR_Wagons01.jpg.4fe206833f9a109f1468c3b1866eaba8.jpgSECR_Wagons04.jpg.77a40779e4730ed19bd4b6799dc260e2.jpg

• Like 8

What did you base the GN brake van on?   The well-known photo and the D & S kit are both of the prototype which had the verandah door at the extreme end.  All the other, production, vans, had it against the cabin partition.  I had more than one D & S kit, so I altered one:

spacer.png

Liking the LBSC stock - please make it well known when you start selling them.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Like 3