No more Dapol Club..........

boxbrownie

• RMweb Gold

Sad news. I really enjoyed the club members open day last year and came home with a lot of items.

I only got the Club newsletter today and then the email out of the blue tonight.

Sadly nothing much I really want on the final sales list, so I will be going for the pro rata refund of the club membership fee

Cheers, Ade.

Only joined earlier this year, so never got to do one of the club members days. Ah well. Some very tempting items at tempting prices for the last sale. Managed to fight off temptation for items I know I don't really need, but ordered a few I know I want. Do we send the forms back to the same email or is there a sales dept to send the list off too?

Very sad news. I replied to the same email address with my order, but whether that’s correct or not I don’t know. I could also not see anything about how to pay.

Cheers Sandy

Edited by ubhank48
Spelling error
  • Agree 4

10 hours ago, adb968008 said:

tbh I think manufacturers would do better to recognise loyalty and spend.

My first thought on that is that it would be one cynical way of driving sales away from retailers directly to the manufacturer. But there’s nothing stopping retailers from introducing their own loyalty schemes. I already get 5% from one model retailer, and 7.5% from another for spending far too much. But don’t tell the CFO. ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 26/10/2020 at 20:30, ubhank48 said:

Very sad news. I replied to the same email address with my order, but whether that’s correct or not I don’t know. I could also not see anything about how to pay.

Cheers Sandy

Does anyone know how you do pay?

It doesn't say in the e-mail as far as I can tell but sending credit card details by e-mail is insecure and I'm sure any credit card company would frown about compensating if the details were stolen or intercepted.

That said, there certainly are some good offers!

Ixion.

10 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

I emailed last night and said I would like a pro rata refund. Got a reply today to say the card is being refunded.

Did they already have your card details?

I'm reluctant to send mine by e-mail but if they can accept over the phone, then maybe...  I think I may only have a month or less left, so it's not a big deal really but the offers sounded very good.

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, SDJR7F88 said:

Still have yet to receive a response to my order list yet. Anyone else heard back from the same email address?

Got an email asking me to call the office to complete the order this morning. It was mentioned I was one of the first to get an order in, that they had a full inbox and were anticipating a busy few days. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Did they already have your card details?

I'm reluctant to send mine by e-mail but if they can accept over the phone, then maybe...  I think I may only have a month or less left, so it's not a big deal really but the offers sounded very good.

I sent my form back yesterday, followed by card details spread over 3 separate emails ( a method I have used with Dapol club offers before). I received a reply about 24 hours later saying the order had been passed to the warehouse for despatch.

I have heard of others receiving emails advising to call Dapol to pay by phone.

Best

Scott.

• Thanks 1

Put my order in by post, they'll have it tomorrow.  In the absence of any way of sending payment details electronically I embraced the 19th Century and sent them a cheque....

I don't really need another A4 to go with the nine I have in service but a Seagull for £58.95 posted was too good to resist (£80 minus £25 plus £3.95).  It will get its turn at being hammered on Rise park sometime next year when shows reopen- I've Farnham and Spalding booked in for next year with the layout.

Les

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Watto1990 said:

Got an email asking me to call the office to complete the order this morning. It was mentioned I was one of the first to get an order in, that they had a full inbox and were anticipating a busy few days. 

Ah thought that would be the case, got my email in almost as soon as I got it. Hopefully they'll reply soon, as the issue is I keep looking back at the list and think... hmmm, that would be nice... :jester:

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, RJennings said:

Not had any response from my order I sent on Tuesday morning (not been charged either). Sent a further order this morning so fingers crossed.

Definitely some good offers but ultimately sad to see the club come to an end.

I spoke to Yolanda yesterday afternoon about something else and she advised they had had over received 800 emails in connection with orders (and presumably that total is being added to all the time). Based on the leaness of their operation, I'd expect it will take time to get through them all.

Best

Scott.

20 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

I spoke to Yolanda yesterday afternoon about something else and she advised they had had over received 800 emails in connection with orders (and presumably that total is being added to all the time). Based on the leaness of their operation, I'd expect it will take time to get through them all.

Best

Scott.

No worries then, that would explain having not heard anything back with that amount of orders having been received.

• RMweb Premium

Surely that's just an issue of semantics? They're lapsing all memberships with immediate effect, whether they choose to start one again in x years time once trading is more buoyant is something else altogether.

• Agree 1