If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Shropshire

coastalview

Hi to everyone, 

I've been lurking in the background for a while and finally decided to get a bit more involved. I started my model railway journey in London where I lived for the first 22 years and built a little 009 layout that I had fun with whilst having a Saturday job at Beatties in Holborn from 1968 until the early 1970's.

Girls, college and cars intervened (not necessarily in that order all the time). In the 1990's I built a layout for the kids and then nothing until the past couple of years. Looking around for a project I bought a secondhand 9ft x 2ft dock layout from eBay which had been originally built to a lovely standard many years ago. It now needs rather a lot of restoration and I have just started the initial task of stripping back the electrics as no control panel or wiring diagram existed and I would like to operate it on DCC.

Enjoying the challenges so far and learning a great deal from this forum, been absolutely blown away by the quality of the modelling I've seen.

Thanks for reading if you have got this far and and I look forward to catching up with you in the future.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by coastalview
typo
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

When the current crisis is finally resolved, If you've not already joined, you might like to consider the Borders MRC.

A couple of us from Telford are members and feel the journey to Llandrinio well worth the effort.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

When the current crisis is finally resolved, If you've not already joined, you might like to consider the Borders MRC.

A couple of us from Telford are members and feel the journey to Llandrinio well worth the effort.

I was looking around about a club and that's very handy thanks. Will investigate in more detail.

Last time I was a member of a model railway club was in early 1980's in London. 

• Like 1