Builders Yard

Baggies1961

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted from the yard. Its moved off the bed onto the screwfix stands.

Annoyed as the wood has warped. Have an idea in my head how I can use a bracket to hold it to the stand which will secure it and thus straighten twist out.

Roof and guttering to sort on the shed in the background.... I will get round to it honest!!

0989412B-9795-4A7E-B8E6-C024D127E24A.jpeg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This far into the pandemic I foolishly thought Id survived infection, alas I have succumbed to it.
Im sure vaccination has helped but still have cough and lost sense of smell and taste. For all the travelling I do visiting construction sites I am sure it was my dear Grandchildren that passed it on to me, over the worst I hope and feeling better than I was.

Please dont let your guard down its still out there.

A few pictures to lift the mood.

101AF85E-86A0-4D9E-8E3F-5E5653981F40.jpeg

292C9422-1FA9-4592-85C9-139DF038DE92.jpeg

56A28917-D06D-4BA3-BFD6-531B90E1A498.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Im afraid the loss of taste has been evident for a while - that 31 in particular! :)

Hope you pick up soon (on both counts)!

Taste never a forte of mine Im afraid, hopefully blue 31 will be chipped soon but credit card is ready for a hammering with the 47’s imminent and the 60’s following close behind :no::o

Many thanks for your best wishes.

Edited by Baggies1961
Addition of text.
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I know what you mean. I reluctantly cancelled my 60 order as its slightly outside of my time frame and I want 56's after the 47. Unfortunately according to SWMBO I have spent my allocated budget once the 47 and the Ellis cement wagons and the blue/grey CK have been purchased.

The 47 will now be a Christmas present!

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

I know what you mean. I reluctantly cancelled my 60 order as its slightly outside of my time frame and I want 56's after the 47. Unfortunately according to SWMBO I have spent my allocated budget once the 47 and the Ellis cement wagons and the blue/grey CK have been purchased.

The 47 will now be a Christmas present!

Paul R

im in the same boat. Cancelled a few pre orders. I’m still undecided with the 47. I should have one, but have pre ordered 2 56’s. I look at the 47 and just see how small the serck louvres look too small in comparison to the other roof vents and still think the nose is too square and big. I’ll probably cave, eventually 

Edited by 47606odin
Spelling correction as usual
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

im in the same boat. Cancelled a few pre orders. I’m still undecided with the 47. I should have one, but have pre ordered 2 56’s. I look at the 47 and just see how small the serck louvres look too small in comparison to the other roof vents and still think the nose is too square and big. I’ll probably cave, eventually 

The problem for a seventies operated layout is that 47's were everywhere! I have a green one but thats for when the laout is operated as a sixties version!

56's didnt really spend a lot of time in East Anglia in the blue period but its one of my favourite locos.

Paul R

• Like 2