Builders Yard

Baggies1961

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Finally started a bit of work to put another track into the yard.

I built this micro/Diorama during the dreaded lock down period using anything I had to hand it was originally just a programming track.

Thought being I can shunt wagons from the shed when unloaded to the second siding to be loaded. This will involve wagons being taken off scene onto the traverser and brought back on scene.

80A98C2C-0DDC-4927-A8CF-C2854325DE4B.jpeg

• Like 6

Not much more done on the yard. Painted additional cork inlay, still waiting for Royal Mail to shake a leg and deliver my gate post ordered a while ago now from Intentio.

Added some wood bracing to add some linked strip lights I saw on Chris’s excellent  Swindleton layout, I had to visit three different toolstations stores around the region to get the lights I wanted.

81E9EA4A-3A2E-49A5-9FF2-2C1389151BA2.jpeg

D9DF1859-55B7-4321-837B-18CC13C136A7.jpeg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

I've had a coach I bought in the post for 3 weeks now (click and collect so obvious I've never had it) but I sent a loco out special delivery this week which arrived the next day. I believe they are having to prioritise the faster services and ordinary is just piling up.

I cancelled a load of lower value eBay listings the other day as I didn't want to have purchasers wanting refunds and me not knowing where the things actually were. I'd certainly not send or probably even buy anything without tracking at the moment.

ps the extra line does add a lot to the visual interest.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

On 23/12/2022 at 08:44, Hal Nail said:

I've had a coach I bought in the post for 3 weeks now (click and collect so obvious I've never had it) but I sent a loco out special delivery this week which arrived the next day. I believe they are having to prioritise the faster services and ordinary is just piling up.

I cancelled a load of lower value eBay listings the other day as I didn't want to have purchasers wanting refunds and me not knowing where the things actually were. I'd certainly not send or probably even buy anything without tracking at the moment.

ps the extra line does add a lot to the visual interest.

Hi,

It was posted 3 December from Intentio, all I want from it is another gate post to add another entrance gate, frustrating that the posties decided not to work the couple of days prior to the big day, although looking at the back log it will take weeks to clear!

Special Deliveries are being prioritised although one posted here to Gloucester took a week. The wait continues.

Thought I would pull my finger out this holiday. I have attached traverser now and connected it up and trains can run through onto both lines.

I now need to add a plywood surround to prevent me knocking stock off.

Still no sign of the missing gates lost somewhere in the postal system.

AFE37833-6C10-4226-B81E-ED31A2F4EA58.jpeg

636929A4-02B8-45E3-8855-CC8B17D9EA4C.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

Firstly great piece in RM on Blackney showed your masterpiece off to the full!

Yes agree and some numbers to boot. I will ask Steve at Railtec to make a full number up for my chosen loco instead of using the provided ones then I can make it dirtier. 

Regards

Julian.