Eileens Emporium measurements

sharris

I’m putting together an order which includes some T-section strip.

Where items are listed, e.g. Brass T-Section 2.0mm x 1.0mm, does anyone know, is that W x H or H x W?

539072D4-4224-47C7-9ABB-356C92E4B307.jpeg.440028d72b582d5a09697dc3df5ebdeb.jpeg

I’d ask them directly but they appear to be busy restructuring their internal systems at the moment!

• RMweb Premium

Convention is to list width then height (then depth, if appropriate) as that's the X and Y axes (& Z) in alphabetical order, though a lot of people & places don't.

For that section though, I would expect that the width is 2mm, and the height 1mm, i.e. all three 'legs' would be 1mm in width (an equal 'T' section). I'd guess there's a 75% chance it's that way round, though sod's law says it could well be the other way...

Not terribly helpful, but there you go!

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Mike_Walker said:

Why not phone them and ask? Derek doesn't bite!

They appear to be a wee bit busy reorganising their systems at the moment and trying to get orders out before they switch systems - I thought it best to ask here first.

From the front of their website:

“SERVICE INTERRUPTION OVER THE END OCTOBER / BEGINNING OF NOVEMBER ...We will be very busy getting the new systems in place so will find it difficult to answer the telephone and take phone orders during these few days.”

• Agree 2

On 27/10/2020 at 14:58, jrb said:

Convention is to list width then height (then depth, if appropriate) as that's the X and Y axes (& Z) in alphabetical order, though a lot of people & places don't.

The technical term being "along the passage and up the stairs".

Bernard

• Like 3

• 2 months later...