The Elizabethan

RBAGE

I am starting to model the Elizabethan, in latter years, using Bachmann donors and Southern Pride etched body sides.

The process is very straightforward but it is always helpful to work from original photographs to try to create the subject rather than just another model.

Does anyone have any photographs of the Elizabethan coaching stock they are happy to share or can anyone direct me to a source or publications?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Have you looked at 'Wright Writes' on here? There's been a recurrent discussion of the train and its formation. Try the Search option as a way of narrowing things down a bit but there was some discussion about the use of Southern Pride coach kits and their origins in the context of The Elizabethan, as recently as a couple of days ago (or even more recently!).

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Getting hold of Tony Wright on his thread “Wright Writes” and look on YouTube at his Little Bytham videos will give you useful pointers.  What he doesn’t know about LNER/BR eastern region, isn’t worth knowing.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

The only thing I remember about the Elizabethan is that 'Sir Nigel designed the mighty A4/with the speed of a greyhound and the strength of a boar', one of my two favourite lines of railway poetry.  The other has a film to go with it as well; 'At a farm near Beattock, nobody wakes/but a jug in a bedroom gently shakes' (raises the hair on the back of my neck every time!).