Bachmann 2020 Announcements - Winter

Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Premium
On 01/11/2020 at 11:26, Oldddudders said:

But in a year when many are having to tighten their financial belt, making sure your product is on everyone's early-warning radar becomes even more important. And if any of these items are actually going to be for sale by Christmas, development will have started many, many months ago. It may be dog-eat-dog, but with independent commissions now making waves in the marketplace, survival is more of a real issue than ever before. 

I quite agree, I was only remarking on the timing. Bachmann announces it will make an announcement on 3 November and then a little later Hornby announces it will make an announcement the day before. No real need to be so close together...

• Friendly/supportive 2

On 30/10/2020 at 12:38, martin_l_jones said:

I see the last few Diesel and Electric Collectors Club Limited Editions are all still available.

I'd be interested to know how many people are members of the club and also what era demographic they are.

I also think because the products are more expensive you'll only get people who particularly like the product buying stuff.

I do like how they have 2 preserved steam locos on there, that is something that often gets overlooked IMO. I have the J72 and in different circumstances I'd probably have the 9F too.

The 90 is out of era and the 57 that is still hanging about is just too out of date and I'd also have to really like it to spend £180 on it.

I am hoping there is something up my street tomorrow (in general).

On 30/10/2020 at 12:45, Ron Ron Ron said:

The backlog from previous years is also being gradually cleared

Over on the thread with the ETAs etc. it shows that the vast majority of stuff outstanding is from the last year or two. Whilst a lot of it is straight up reliveries it also doesn't reflect a lot of noises on here IMO.

On 30/10/2020 at 12:38, martin_l_jones said:

More Class 90's and more Class 158's

I'd hope so. Given there was a run of GWR 158s and supposedly there is stuff ready to go to shops I wonder if there is a 158 up their sleeves.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• AY Mod locked this topic