FARISH WINTER 2020 ANNOUNCEMENT

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

OK, I’ll bite. We’ll see them announce a re-tooled LNER V2, because I’ve bought three from the bay of E to try to improve them. They’ll then announce a shrink-rayed V1/V3 because I’ve bought a couple of Steve Da Costa’s shapeway body shell prints plus the discounted SECR moguls and am now steeling myself to start the butchery.

Semi-seriously, surely both of these locos are low-hanging fruit for BachFar?

RT

Edited by RichardT
To clarify that I was talking about the Gresley locos, not the Nazi missile
  • Funny 1

I'm hoping that there'll be some things I want.

CL60 GBRF, CL319, CL150 Northern Rail, Castle Cement JPA's, CL66 BR Livery.

Frankly they've got a big enough list to work through, let's see what's arriving in the next 3 months.

John P

5 hours ago, RichardT said:

OK, I’ll bite. We’ll see them announce a re-tooled LNER V2, because I’ve bought three from the bay of E to try to improve them. They’ll then announce a shrink-rayed V1/V3 because I’ve bought a couple of Steve Da Costa’s shapeway body shell prints plus the discounted SECR moguls and am now steeling myself to start the butchery.

Semi-seriously, surely both of these locos are low-hanging fruit for BachFar?

RT

The V2 would work for me. I still have three of the old type, one of which (Black one) has had the loco drive removed and a Farish B1 tender attached to improve haulage and provide for DCC (all reversible). However what would work better is a model to current standards with coreless motor, no boiler skirt and ready fitted speaker in the tender- I mean who wouldn't want a sound fitted V2??

Realistically though I doubt we will see much so no point in getting too excited, we still have the 8F to look forward to at the moment but then I think only the 319EMU for those for whom it is of interest?

I would love to see is the Deltic chassis re-tooled with speaker and Next 18 socket, but given we have just seen some new releases of that model it seems unlikely anytime soon.

So, maybe we should be ready for a surprise or two just in case, but not worth rescheduling your day for the announcements.

Roy

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Roy L S said:

Realistically though I doubt we will see much so no point in getting too excited,

Don’t worry Roy, I’m not getting excited at all. I was just being sarcastic along a variant of the traditional line that “they’ll bring out an rtr version the moment I finally get around to building that kit.”  

And also because I noticed (when finally getting round to seeing what the “Wright Writes” thread is like - answer: very curious) that Tony Wright had previously  been expressing puzzlement about why people buy N steam based on his having once seen a BachFar V2 and how crude it was. This reminded me how overdue an N V2 to modern standards is, and how odd it is that a class of 184 go-anywhere do-anything good-looking locos keep being overlooked in favour of EOIs for weird one offs.

RT

Edited by RichardT
Clarity

How about the OO crane shrunk down to N gauge?  Also a CONFLAT-P to make use of the container models they already produce.  Finally, a replacement range of pre-MK 1 Pullman cars.

How about that for froth! :D

Kind regards 

Paddy

21 hours ago, Roy L S said:

. However what would work better is a model to current standards with coreless motor, no boiler skirt and ready fitted speaker in the tender- I mean who wouldn't want a sound fitted V2??

Me.

Seriously, my sound-fitted A3 sees very little work as Croft Spa doesn't have a suitable opportunity for it to show off. A 3-cylinder loco going fast sounds distinctive but not all that attractive.

Les

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, fezza said:

Sure the 800 series of d/emus is the priority? They will be the top link power on UK railways for a generation. 

The Hornby GWR version sold faster than almost anything else. 

Already being produced by Kato.  See here: https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/news/news-kato-to-produce-class-800-azuma-in-n-gauge/

cheers

Ben A.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Retooled Class 25/3 and the OAA and VBA van et-al family is a must...

Surely the modern OBA chassis could be used with new body tooling for the OAA and VBA?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Retooled Class 25/3 and the OAA and VBA van et-al family is a must...

Surely the modern OBA chassis could be used with new body tooling for the OAA and VBA?

They are good shouts, also the OTA?

For reliveries looking at the OO gauge range might give clues (rfd/dutch 47, ews/loadhaul/intercity/europhoenix 37s).  I just hope theres a rerun of some bog standard stuff, like br blue GUVs.

Ive been to a few different model shops recently, and stocks of farish n gauge stuff is all very low?

• Agree 1