Minks - wooden minks to go with the iron minks

JinglingGeordie

• 2 months later...

A few updates from over the Christmas period, the biggest one being the V14 version pushed back and an additional later version of the V12 in its place.

Test sample photos below

%E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_202

Personally I think these look great and seem to be progressing very quickly in typical Minerva fashion.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

As mentioned in the locked thread, they are having problems with the website. 
I took a screenshot and emailed it to them, which they told me was much appreciated as it narrows things down a bit.

If in a hurry, phone them, otherwise, a bit of patience is all that is required.

Edited by Regularity
Uncorrecting autocorrect
  • Like 1

I had no idea these vans were even in the works.  My friend will be very interested.  He has the iron mink.  Only niggle is the coupling spring is very weak.  I replaced it with something stiffer.

https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/product/gw-wooden-minks-to-dia-v4-v12-and-late-v12/

It would be good to get some clarification of the status of these. 

John

Mine arrived today , lovely models . BR one with my Dapol pannier and Peco 16T toad . Nice little detail pack of vacuum cylinder and pipes which I haven't fittted . To me a nice solid feel to it  image.png.92a15bd0973c8a1919088dc7e06687e5.png. BR version with my Dapol

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Marshall5 said:

Of course,  if you fit the brake cylinder and vacuum pipes it should be painted bauxite.

Ray.

I've seen a few of these early minks in BR use but not that many with the cull of 9 foot wheelbase stock in the mid 50s. I think its coincidence but most of those I've seen in BR era are unfitted.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Given that these models have been available for many months...  has anyone written a review of the models?  I am surprised that there have been no comments on the accuracy / finish / detail of the models given the number of posts about similar matters in relation to the iron covered wagons and the open wooden wagons.

regards, Graham

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Western Star said:

has anyone written a review of the models?

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/minerva-expands-o-gauge-wagon-fleet

Maybe not seen much of them as fewer people modelling GWR these days and they weren't widespread by steam/diesel transition era. They do seem to have gone  bit under the radar though.

Edited by Hal Nail