Hornby Christmas Launch

robf

1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

Possibly, but in my bleary-eyed early morning state I read the thread title as 'Hornby Christmas Lunch' and was hoping that we were all invited.

:blink: 

Just to say that they're putting the sprouts on to boil?

It could be pre-preparation for the annual Advent Calendar extravaganza, or early Christmas Sales (aka Black whatever).

Oh well...

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, robf said:

Old Lima rubbish that appears to fly off the shelves.......

Yes, my grandson (aged 4) doesn't mind how minutely accurate the item is as long as it looks like a train to him - and he is (hopefully) a potential modelling enthusiast for the second half of this century. 

After all, he will not see his 40th birthday until 2056. Rather a sobering thought, IMHO. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, cambo74 said:

Its just their usual re-released old Lima looking rubbish ........

So when I look in the cupboard and see Bulleid pacifics, Arfurs passsenger and freight, T9s, 700s, M7s, Hs, Terriers, Pecketts, at least 60 Maunsells and half a dozen 59' Bulleids, I am actually surveying Lima rubbish? Amazing how I have been conned. Who knew?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

Being talked about is better than not being talked about. I wonder how many children to wake up to a box similar to that on Christmas morning? 

There's nothing in there for me, but the idea is pretty good. Well done Hornby. 

"Now, about that......." 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Phil Parker said:

SantaAndy.jpg

Someone will be checking if you have been good this year.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/christmas-photo-booth

Excellent - I need a photo for my driving Licence renewal ;)

The hamper is a great idea and will hopefully build on the success of a similar offer during lockdown.  But  while I get the impression that Hornby may well have a lot of unsold J15s in stock it is surely a bit silly to offer one in both the 'hamper' and the add-on pack?  Looks a bit of a marketing fail there when someone is hoping for 'a different engine' if they buy the add-on pack.  Does every version of both packs only come with a J15?

• Like 1
  • Agree 3