C&M Models commission another run of ScotRail Mark 3 coaches in N gauge

Mike at C&M

With the release of the Graham Farish DBSO finally about to happen, coupled to an increasing number of people asking if we have any ScotRail Mark 3 sets still available, we have ordered another run of these coaches from Dapol. Anticipated availability is May 2021.

The set contains 4 Mark 3 coaches in ScotRail livery. A composite 1st/2nd and 3 x 2nd class coaches.

To avoid delays in production, the set will be exactly the same as the previous set, even down to the coach numbers being the same. The details of this set were discussed at length in the original RMWeb thread covering these coaches, so if you have any questions/concerns, then we suggest reading this thread first (Click on link below to access this thread).

Price will be £107.50 for the four coach set, with £4.50 postage per parcel.

At this stage, we are talking pre-orders without advance payment. Orders can be placed as follows:

E-mail to sales@candmmodels.co.uk

Phone to 01228 514 689 (hours during lockdown will be Tuesday to Saturday, 10a.m. to 3p.m.)

Online at https://cmmodels.7.ekm.shop/ekmps/shops/cmmodels/cmm008-scotrail-mark-3-coach-set-4-coach-pack-limited-edition-15577-p.asp . Please select the "Advance Payment" during Checkout.

We look forward to receiving your orders. Thank you

P1070031.JPG.39dd94cbe2e7be64c14521ce75214a4b.JPGP1070038.JPG.b4858cab06dcd7854303da98b1a3f8be.JPGP1070040.JPG.8f485603111ef6b70544d3b628661e42.JPGA1370895.jpg.00b38576d47dc8e631283ceba62eb69f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

Order placed. Great to see another run, as these have been going for silly ££££ on eBay.

I wonder IF (big if) you could arrange for Dapol to use the newly tooled correct Mk3a roof (Tooled for the prototype HST) for this release? I appreciate this would be a deviation from the previous specification, but a change for the better if possible?

cheers

Tom

We decided to keep the specification the same to enable the coaches to be released sooner. To go through the whole process of changing numbers and roofs would have inserted extra steps into the commissioning process, all of which add time.

Whilst we appreciate there are modellers who would have liked everything perfect, we felt that a majority would just be happy to get their hands on a set of these coaches. The flurry of orders already coming in would suggest that our feeling is correct.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So when is a limited edition, a limited edition? CM001 was sold as a limited edition of 200 models. But is now being produced again, the minimum you would expect is for the coach number's to be different!! Will think twice about buying a limited edition again!

16043518882705686665866846378380.jpg

Edited by Ruggers

3 hours ago, Ruggers said:

So when is a limited edition, a limited edition? CM001 was sold as a limited edition of 200 models. But is now being produced again, the minimum you would expect is for the coach number's to be different!! Will think twice about buying a limited edition again!

16043518882705686665866846378380.jpg

Sorry what planet are you on? Nobody with any sense buys limited edition models as an investment. It was a limited edition since less that the normal production run was produced (200 vs a normal 504ish). There was not even a numbered certificate (well not in mine).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ruggers said:

You got a signed certificate - that makes it 'limited' in the sense you are talking about.

Given the times we are in and the time it takes to develop a model as C&M have stated altering the specification even slightly means it has to go through a development program which adds cost and delays delivery - so I am fully behind their decision to re-run the same set and I imagine there won't be a certificate this time.

These models came out so long ago that I managed to miss the B/G versions first time around, then bought some ordinary B/G Mk3s and sold them again as I changed scale and wouldn't be buying a 47/7 or DBSO.  In fact I'd still be waiting on the DBSO wouldn't I?

So with the imminent release of the DBSO why shouldn't people have coaches to go behind them.

• Like 5

Shame that a new batch of coach numbers were not feasible, in the modern technology this is a small change and the delay on something that was not expected or announced I am sure would have been resonable - The manufacturers do this all the time.

I am sure a few more sets would have been sold.

Tony

There will not be a certificate with this batch of coaches, so as to preserve what exclusivity is left on the original batch of 200.

There is obviously a demand for these coaches, as has been proved by the number of enquiries received in the run-up to the DBSOs being released. Orders now received back this up. We are therefore confident that the number of sets we have ordered will sell through fairly quickly.

We always appreciated that by not updating the set offered with new numbers and corrected details, this would have a small effect on the numbers sold.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

Turn the clock back 15+ years and most of our trains had coaches with matching numbers.

I'd have asked Dapol for a 4xTSO+CO set with different numbers would have been welcome, but I'm sure this set will fly off the shelves.

Congratulations to C&M for the rerun. Can we twist your arm to ask Farish for a seven car Transpennine rake of BG and Mk2a FK + 5x Mk2a TSO?

Steven B.

• RMweb Premium

Have to agree. Yes ok if the numbers were different I’d probably have a different set on re-purchase, but not buying full stop because the numbers matched? Sod that. 

If you’re that bothered get the t-cut and a cotton bud out and DIY. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Mike at C&M said:

There will not be a certificate with this batch of coaches, so as to preserve what exclusivity is left on the original batch of 200.

There is obviously a demand for these coaches, as has been proved by the number of enquiries received in the run-up to the DBSOs being released. Orders now received back this up. We are therefore confident that the number of sets we have ordered will sell through fairly quickly.

We always appreciated that by not updating the set offered with new numbers and corrected details, this would have a small effect on the numbers sold.

Thinking out aloud could this Set be Produced Un-numbered,leaving it up to the Customer,that might make Production Easier,keep the original Limited Edition Buyers happy and Future Buyers happy as it eliminates Duplication ?.

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, bigP said:

Oh please not - I've already stripped a load of Blue/Grey 2As to repaint  :cray_mini:

Seriously though, I think that would be a nice set indeed.

Irrelevant to this thread but I've got the coaches ready for stripping but have enough other projects to be able to put off getting out the paint stripper any time soon. I have suggested to Farish that a train pack made up of 47457 in Provincial livery together with a Transpennine BG and FK with TSO being available as a seperate item could be popular. The reply said the suggestion would be passed on to the appropriate team, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Steven B.

• Like 2

On 04/11/2020 at 19:16, Steven B said:

Can we twist your arm to ask Farish for a seven car Transpennine rake of BG and Mk2a FK + 5x Mk2a TSO?

I'd love such a rake and am determined to have one. I actually asked Mike about this when I visited his shop a couple of years ago, but at the time he did not think it would be practical. I am looking at having a few of the Regional Railways MK2s partially resprayed and rebranded once they are released, but the FK and MK1 BG might have to be full resprays. A RTR Trans-Pennine set would therefore be very welcome.

On 04/11/2020 at 20:35, bigP said:

Also worth noting that toward the end of the Transpennine loco hauled workings a 2A BSO (9423 I believe it was) got the Transpennie livery, seen here  @ 7m 40s ....

https://youtu.be/SGPZc2Kodic?t=7m40s

I never knew that! I live and learn. I just noticed it at 2:22 in this video too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9lA9g0BTyE

I'm also still planning to model a couple of blue/grey MK2As with white Trans-Pennine branding, although close up reference photos are hard to come by. I've identified at least two such vehicles that existed though.

Edited by 47475

• 4 months later...

I have ordered a set but I need a matching Farish Scotrail liveried 47/7 to alternate with my large logo Greyfriars Bobby 47 711.

Could Farish be commissioned  to produce one now the sets are forthcoming?

Gerry

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, gelboy45 said:

I have ordered a set but I need a matching Farish Scotrail liveried 47/7 to alternate with my large logo Greyfriars Bobby 47 711.

Could Farish be commissioned  to produce one now the sets are forthcoming?

Gerry

Yes, I expect they would discuss a commission with you. Their phone number is 01455 245 577. Let us know how you get on please.