C&M Models commission another run of ScotRail Mark 3 coaches in N gauge

Mike at C&M

• RMweb Gold

You’re welcome. The only people I am aware of who’ve commissioned an N gauge diesel locomotive from Farish in recent times are Kernow Model Railway Centre (it was a model of 37207) .

On 31/03/2021 at 20:15, Jack079 said:

Colletts models commissioned 60040 "The Territorial Army Centenary" but I can’t seem to find it on their website anymore.

That commission has been announced as cancelled...unfortunately.

Later;

Stu from EGVN

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...

I am delighted to inform you that Dapol have told us to expect these coach sets to arrive with us in mid-September.

Many of you opted to pay when the coaches were available, so could I ask that if you have a set reserved and still need to pay, please can you phone us with your details now, so we can concentrate on sending the sets out to customers, once they are here.

Our phone number is 01228 514 689, and the shop is open Tuesday to Saturday, 10a.m. to 4.30p.m.

If anyone would still like to order a set, we still have some available. The easiest way to order is to phone us, and we can take your details that way. Or an e-mail to sales@candmmodels.co.uk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
21 hours ago, class8mikado said:

Any chance of  another run ? 

Problem is if they did another run (which I wouldn't be against) would we then see an issue where people ask "will you do a run of 47/7 and DBSO off Farish?". As far as I can see none of the train is available 

23 hours ago, Kaput said:

The ScotRail DBSO is still reasonably easy to find in N gauge

Good chance 47712 will get the shrink ray treatment with the new tooling.

I agree/hope for the 2nd part, but a quick look on google showed 2 shops with stock on page 1 of the Scotrail DBSO and none on ebay so its not easy I would say

• RMweb Gold

You would need to ask C&M regarding any future run for the Scotrail Mk3s. I didn't get one at the time and ended up using Fox Transfers for the stripes and Railtec for the lettering. I consider myself very fortunate in having the matching 47 and DBSO from Farish.

The Mark 3s are always good sellers and we are already looking at liveries for 2025 onwards, both loco-hauled and HST.

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Adam1701D said:

The Mark 3s are always good sellers and we are already looking at liveries for 2025 onwards, both loco-hauled and HST.

Loco hauled, Intercity (exec) Pullman please!

Steven B

• Like 1

Hi Gang;

Obviously, the 1st refusal for further Mk3s in ScotRail livery may well sit with Mike from C&M Models and only he will know if a future run is feasible. I would hazard that two production runs should have put in the market, that would satisfy those who wanted them and they 'do' occasionally surface as second hand items as modellers trim and modify their requirements. They do command a healthy price as 2nd hand items, which would obviously plummet as a 3rd run would be considered.

As for the Class 47/7, it seems obvious to me that Bachmann/Farish should be looking at another run with a different name and number. 47712 may appeal as it has a historic and a current timescale, but I would go with either 47706/711 or 714 as preferred future print runs. 

The DBSO seems still be available at retailers, so it would seem that the market is currently satisfied, or it could be as it is the only component of the whole 477/7 rake available supressing its sale.

Different manufacturers and a retailer in the mix have manged to have gotten all this together in the past. Who would bet on the future availability of any of it....I wouldn't!!

Later;

Stu from NRSW