Good sources for 0 gauge with delivery abroad?

hakancarlivar

We are only small but we do export our kits and ready to run models all over the world. We currently have the largest selection on wagon kits and they cover the period 1875 to 1955. please see below for link to website.

Marc

• Like 2

On 02/11/2020 at 10:38, 47606odin said:

Never been a problem, but I stick to the bigger shops for bigger items as it is easier for them to sort of something goes awry in the post

No quibble returns are certainly a consideration for those of us overseas, especially given the vulnerability of O Gauge RTR to damage in transit. The big online retailers also tend to offer lower international postage costs.

38 minutes ago, dpgibbons said:

The big online retailers also tend to offer lower international postage costs.

Unless you are buying something in excess of 2kg, like a large loco, or oversize, like rail.  Then you are stuck with DHL rates.

John

18 hours ago, Furness Wagon said:

We currently have the largest selection on wagon kits and they cover the period 1875 to 1955.

Marc - I'm a GOG member modelling 7mm pre-grouping GWR. You must have the biggest range of wagons around for that prototype, yet only now have I come across your website. "Furness Wagon Co" doesn't really do justice to your range.  Maybe a subtle renaming and some ads might be in order?

3 hours ago, brossard said:

Unless you are buying something in excess of 2kg, like a large loco, or oversize, like rail.  Then you are stuck with DHL rates.

John

companies like Hattons have their own negotiated rates and the cheapest for a large Heljan loco is Hattons

5 hours ago, dpgibbons said:

Marc - I'm a GOG member modelling 7mm pre-grouping GWR. You must have the biggest range of wagons around for that prototype, yet only now have I come across your website. "Furness Wagon Co" doesn't really do justice to your range.  Maybe a subtle renaming and some ads might be in order?

You are not alone, even though we have been doing shows for the last 20 years. We should have over 150 wagons in the range by the middle of next year. and there are some more coaches, locos and buildings in the pipeline.  We are in the process of changing over to "Pre-Grouping Railways" as a name. We have been going to show as both, for some time, and the website has been under that name for some years, now. The sign we have at shows has a big picture of a china clay wagon on and we still get "Furness Railway that's to far North for me!"

What would you suggest as a suitable replacement name? 

Marc

Pre23 has a bit of a ring to it. 

We send the guild our latest products and they do put it into that section of the gazette and have done for years.  Its disappointing to see that there is little evidence with in the archive. In 20 years we have only had 2 kits reviewed which has grated a little. 

But on a positive note you have found us now.:D

And we do ship a lot of stuff to Oz. We are even producing NSWGR stock for a few customers in NSW as its cheaper to manufacture and ship from the UK than it is to get them made in NSW.

Marc

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

As someone who lives in the Midwest US, I've successfully received packages from:

Connoisseur Models

Eileens Emporium

Hattons

HMRS

Scorpio Models

Slaters

Tower Models

All have been reasonable with postage and the items ordered have always come intact (so far).

-Zach

• Like 1