DCC Concepts Alpha Gound Signals using Cobalt IP Digital Motors to control Peco 3 way points?

Edward

• RMweb Premium

I plan to use the Alpha Ground signals to signal routes on a small goods yard.  They will be directly wired to the Cobalts as per the diagram on their web site using terminals 4, 5 & 6.  The cobalts themselves respond to Alpha Swiches D through the Alpha Encoder Unit on the mimic board.    No difficulty with the 2 way points but the 3 ways are a problem. I can't work out how to wire up the signals. 

Each 3 way point obviously gives 3 different routes by moving 2 point motors.  On the board it's easy to pick the 3 options with a colour code.  Any ideas on a circuit that works?

If no simple solution, I suspect I will have to revert to hand operated ponts with just one ground signal to enter the goods arrival line.

• RMweb Gold

Always worth a call to DCC Concepts. I’ve always found them very helpful, not just with their own products, but also how they interact with other brands.

• Agree 1

Hi Edward. 

Are you wanting to show route indication on a mimic panel for a 3 way point ?.

If this is correct we can give you a diagram on how to do this using the single colour leds. 

We are not at this time able to do it using the red/green leds due to the way the mimic board outputs work.

Please send an Email to:    Salesuk@dccconcepts.com.

And we can forward the information.

Just a reminder this will only work with the single colour Leds connected to the Mimic board,  and uses two output addresses the same as the point motors. 

Best Regards.

The DCCConcepts Team 

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, DCCconcepts said:

Hi Edward. 

Are you wanting to show route indication on a mimic panel for a 3 way point ?.

If this is correct we can give you a diagram on how to do this using the single colour leds. 

We are not at this time able to do it using the red/green leds due to the way the mimic board outputs work.

Please send an Email to:    Salesuk@dccconcepts.com.

And we can forward the information.

Just a reminder this will only work with the single colour Leds connected to the Mimic board,  and uses two output addresses the same as the point motors. 

Best Regards.

The DCCConcepts Team 

Thanks will contact directly.