Bachmann Winter 2020 Announcements includes several sound-fitted additions to the range

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 25901 said:

Why all the bickering, at this moment in time with whats going on in the world with Covid and people's jobs the whinging minis should be glad that Bachmann are announcing anything.

Some people need to get a grip and sort their lives out.

Hang on a minute...surely this is a forum where people should be free to express an opinion? 

So someone ‘needs to get a grip and sort their lives out’ because they dare to express an opinion contrary to the usual fanboy stuff...seriously?

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 7

• RMweb Gold

Generic RTP AFAIK, but the 'Pullman' pub suggests somewhere between St Pancras and Manchester, or Paddington and Bristol/South Wales, and the brick contstruction tends to suggest somewhere away from the Cotswolds.  I might well find myself springing for one of those sleeper retaining walls and the concrete drainage.  The low terreced houses might get a look in as well, but I really want stone or render for a South Wales Valleys location!

Edited by The Johnster

Regardless of the price debate/moans Bachmann appear to be producing and selling what people want, the Deltics, 121's, 117's, 1P's and class 66's are all sold out at Bachmann. I know we don't know quantities but these have clearly been successful for Bachmann.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I hope they are on to some winners here, esp the steamers with sound .

And I don’t like being negative but , for me, it’s too much for the below .

November 2015 hattons ad - DRS 57309, £106 ..

five years later ( before discount )£200.

I seem to remember there was a referendum in 2016 which resulted in the value of the pound falling off a cliff. Maybe the blame should be directed accordingly.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crepello said:

I seem to remember there was a referendum in 2016 which resulted in the value of the pound falling off a cliff. Maybe the blame should be directed accordingly.

FFS, don’t bring politics into this . Please. Stop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

19 minutes ago, shunny said:

Regardless of the price debate/moans Bachmann appear to be producing and selling what people want, the Deltics, 121's, 117's, 1P's and class 66's are all sold out at Bachmann. I know we don't know quantities but these have clearly been successful for Bachmann.

Sold out at Bachmann....means they have none left in the warehouse, doesn’t mean there’s bare shelves in all model shops 

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

Looking at the announcement today:- Jeez! Then I noticed sound fitted... Aha! that'll bring the price down a bit. Being a DC luddite, I will probably end up with a 94xx. 3408, probably. Scrapped for spares at Caerphilly works, November 1962.

Mine will be 8448, new to Tondu 1954 and withdrawn having spent it's entire revenue earning life there in 1959, probably never even cleaned.  My biggest issue is going to be replacing the builder's plate; 9487 is an RSH but 8448 is Yorkshire Engine Co..  Speakers are heavy and I probably won't need to remove it to improve ballasting, and the fact that it is a standard fitting suggests that iti is perhaps 'tooled into' the model and diffiucult to remove, or else why would it be put in to a DC model and given away for nothing!  DC 94xx being knocked out at Rails of Sheffield for £106.

It will be interesting to see which models are 'out' first; I am expecting the GW  to take the lead and 'mine', 9487, which represents the majority of the class in detail and livery since many of these locos never got to carry the ferret and dartboard, to follow, with the other rapidly afterwards.  I have pre-ordered 9487 at Rails, and the money is ringfenced in  a saving a/c for it, so we are all set up here!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

Generic RTP AFAIK, but the 'Pullman' pub suggests somewhere between St Pancras and Manchester, or Paddington and Bristol/South Wales, and the brick contstruction tends to suggest somewhere away from the Cotswolds.  I might well find myself springing for one of those sleeper retaining walls and the concrete drainage.  The low terreced houses might get a look in as well, but I really want stone or render for a South Wales Valleys location!

The Pullman ran to Birmingham and red brick is the order of the day for Brummie pubs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shunny said:

The 1Ps haven't even arrived yet, if they've sold out I have a near £450 refund owing as I've been leaving my commissioned sales pot untouched at the shop to cover them. The 117s and 121s are eminently available everywhere you look, starting to get discounted too, I bought a 121 for £110 on my travels up north recently.

• RMweb Premium

I will start by saying there are some lovely new models especially the 94xx. However, I do get a bit worried when people cannot express an opinion without being labelled a moaner. I am in the fortunate position to be able to spend a couple of hundred pounds on a model. It should be borne in mind that there are many modellers who may be struggling with money due to this pandemic and are rightly frustrated when a model is beyond their pocket. So please, let’s show a little more tolerance towards ‘moaners’, they may be expressing frustration rather than serial moaning. Of course that does not excuse rudeness and personal insult which are rightly admonished. We are all in a hobby which we love, so let’s support each other.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, 7013 said:

let’s show a little more tolerance towards ‘moaners’, they may be expressing frustration rather than serial moaning.

There are serial, predictable offenders I'm afraid. You'd get bored if people turned up at yours every day just to grumble.

• Friendly/supportive 4

28 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Sold out at Bachmann....means they have none left in the warehouse, doesn’t mean there’s bare shelves in all model shops 

Very true but if you are Bachmann you have sold all of these at full price to retailers and thus they have been a success. The retailers decide how much they feel they can sell and can discount as they feel necessary for any product to sell. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Taking all of this into account and setting aside the influence of any third, fourth or fifth party, twice removed, I would just like to clarify that I  am not in a position to confirm or deny whether there is or isn't a new ( or old ) release that I may or may not be interested in or in fact, seeking an opportunity to purchase or reason not to . This would or would not be affected in the first part, by the recommended retail price be it inflated, discounted or in fact not to any or other degree.  Without prejudice of course. 

Rob. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Taking all of this into account and setting aside the influence of any third, fourth or fifth party, twice removed, I would just like to clarify that I  am not in a position to confirm or deny whether there is or isn't a new ( or old ) release that I may or may not be interested in or in fact, seeking an opportunity to purchase or reason not to . This would or would not be affected in the first part, by the recommended retail price be it inflated, discounted or in fact not to any or other degree.  Without prejudice of course. 

Rob. 

I think your account may have been hijacked by a certain person.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I think your account may have been hijacked by a certain person.

I am unable to confirm or deny whether that is or is not the case. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

There are serial, predictable offenders I'm afraid. You'd get bored if people turned up at yours every day just to grumble.

I agree entirely Andy, and it is difficult to understand what they get from it. Unfortunately the few stifle genuine debate and opinion. Sadly I suspect it will not change though. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, shunny said:

Very true but if you are Bachmann you have sold all of these at full price to retailers and thus they have been a success. The retailers decide how much they feel they can sell and can discount as they feel necessary for any product to sell. 

Yep, I think that would be called "job done" as far as they are concerned.

Most stuff once it is OOS with the manufacturer doesn't last incredibly long on the shelves of dealers with a decent website.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Speakers are heavy and I probably won't need to remove it to improve ballasting, and the fact that it is a standard fitting suggests that iti is perhaps 'tooled into' the model and diffiucult to remove, or else why would it be put in to a DC model and given away for nothing!  DC 94xx being knocked out at Rails of Sheffield for £106.

I’m sure traction won’t be an issue but DCC speakers are anything but heavy. I should imagine it will be a small ‘sugar cube’ type - it will weigh very little indeed. 

2 hours ago, Zunnan said:

The 1Ps haven't even arrived yet, if they've sold out I have a near £450 refund owing as I've been leaving my commissioned sales pot untouched at the shop to cover them. The 117s and 121s are eminently available everywhere you look, starting to get discounted too, I bought a 121 for £110 on my travels up north recently.

On todays launch video they stated the 1P and new class 66's as all sold out to retailers prior to arrival in the UK meaning they can no longer order further stock. Your order will still be part of retailer's delivery but once retailer's  sell out they won't be able to restock. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shunny said:

On todays launch video they stated the 1P and new class 66's as all sold out to retailers prior to arrival in the UK meaning they can no longer order further stock. Your order will still be part of retailer's delivery but once retailer's  sell out they won't be able to restock. 

Not necessarily true, I have been present when pre-orders have been placed with the rep standing right next to me and assured there would be sufficient stock to honour our pre-orders, and this isn't limited to Bachmann I must stress, we've had it from everyone. I can promise you that telling a customer their pre-order can't be honoured because XxxX has not supplied enough models to the shop is not a pleasant experience.

• Friendly/supportive 1