Bachmann Collectors Club thanks the NHS and a S&DJR 1P

AY Mod

• Moderators

Bachmann Collectors Club Celebrates Captain Tom and the NHS

PRIDE OF BRITAIN Artwork.jpg

The Bachmann Collectors Club has today announced its Pride of Britain Train Pack, the sale of which will allow Bachmann Europe to donate more than £60,000 to NHS Charities Together.

This exclusive pack not only celebrates Captain Tom Moore’s fundraising achievements ahead of his 100th birthday but also honours of the outstanding efforts of the NHS and all key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Three packs will be available with each including a Class 66/7 locomotive No. 66731 ‘Capt. Tom Moore’ in GB Railreight’s ‘Thank You NHS’ livery and two Easy Model 1:72 scale aircraft – Hurricane LF363 and Spitfire MK356 – portraying the two aircraft that performed a flypast for Captain Tom on his 100th birthday.

PRIDE OF BRITAINeasy Model Spitfire.jpgPRIDE OF BRITAINEasy Model Hurricane.jpgPRIDE OF BRITAIN Class 66 Group Shot.jpg

The three packs available are as follows:

371-396K – N scale - £189.95

32-980K – OO scale - £199.95

32-980KSF – OO scale SOUND FITTED - £279.95

With delivery expected in early-2021, pre-ordering is highly recommended as these exclusive packs are being produced in strictly limited quantities and they will not be repeated. Preorders can be placed now at www.bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk or by calling 01455 245565.

Beat the Winter Blues with the Bachmann Collectors Club

To coincide with Bachmann Europe’s Winter 2020 British Railway Announcements, the Bachmann Collectors Club has today unveiled its next Limited Edition model.

31-740KSF.FRONT.jpg31-740KSF.DETAIL.01.jpg31-740KSF.BACK.jpg

The Bachmann Branchline OO scale Midland Class 1532 is being produced as No. 54 in the Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway’s stunning lined Blue livery. Just 504 models are being produced, 150 of which will be SOUND FITTED.

All models feature a high level of detail, sprung buffers, a fully detailed and decorated cab interior and firebox glow – which can be configured to flicker when used on DCC. Like all Bachmann Collectors Club Limited Edition models, the Midland 1532 is available exclusively to members and pre-ordering is open now ahead of the model arriving in early December 2020.

Priced at £149.95 (31-740K) or £249.95 for the SOUND FITTED version (31-740KSF), pre-orders can be placed via www.bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk or by calling 01455 245565.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

57 minutes ago, SDJR7F88 said:

SDJR 1P!!!! :D

Just expressed interested with the order form... Don't think this has been done before. Doesn't tell you if your details were submitted etc, would be gutted if I missed out on this one...

I had a right job trying to get all the fields accepted (on the order form for 66731) then a long pause followed by just a “:-)“ so hoping that means my interest has been registered! (No confirmation email as yet).

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

I had a right job trying to get all the fields accepted, then a long pause followed by just a “:-)“ so hoping that means my interest has been registered! (No confirmation email as yet).

Just ordered over the phone, very helpful staff. Was in a bit of a panic as I didn't have my club no. to hand, as that is still delivered to the family address (I've just moved out). Order places, with it hopefully turning up to my new address (if we are still locked in by then)... Panic over... ^_^

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Do we know how many units are part of the limited edition run? 500? Or this 'strictly limited quantities' a bit like Hornby's we shall start at 500 but make 3000? 

I could be joining the Club, first time in over 10 years. If it is strictly 500 units. 

2 minutes ago, 159220 said:

Do we know how many units are part of the limited edition run? 500? Or this 'strictly limited quantities' a bit like Hornby's we shall start at 500 but make 3000? 

I could be joining the Club, first time in over 10 years. If it is strictly 500 units. 

These models are due in Decemebr so will be on the boat now, Hornby announced theres before production began so had time to amend the order quantity. I doubt Bachmann will be able to make anymore now

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, 159220 said:

As Andy says in the first post, limited to 504 models, of which 150 will be sound-fitted. I have my talons on a sound-fitted one. Some things just have to be ordered and the financing worried about later. Only an extra £100 for decent sound is a very good price, I think. Bachmann is very good that way.

I should have said that I’m blethering about the Slow & Dirty Jerky 0-4-4T.

Edited by No Decorum
Clarification.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

I had a right job trying to get all the fields accepted (on the order form for 66731) then a long pause followed by just a “:-)“ so hoping that means my interest has been registered! (No confirmation email as yet).

Also still no confirmation email when I ordered at 1005 on the website. Just rang them and they confirm the order was received but no emails been sent to acknowledge order.

Mark

Edited by mpb56125
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mpb56125 said:

Also still no confirmation email when I ordered at 1005 on the website. Just rang them and they confirm the order was received but no emails been sent to acknowledge order.

Mark

Yes I spoke to a very nice lady eventually who explained the smiley face meant the pre-order details had been received, and the IT dept are in the process of updating the page to show a more formal pre-order acknowledgment.

• RMweb Gold

It was obvious they would do it, but didn't think it would be so soon.

Anyways ive renewed and ordered.

i’m going to stick with my Hornby NHS 66, the event & story are linked to the original model, but for those who missed out, this gives a nice alternative.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

It was obvious they would do it, but didn't think it would be so soon.

Anyways ive renewed and ordered.

i’m going to stick with my Hornby NHS 66, the event & story are linked to the original model, but for those who missed out, this gives a nice alternative.

I have a Hornby 66 (which got TTS fitted this weekend) but I want to give that to my son really.

I have put in for a sound Bachmann one (although I presume they'll end up with more orders than locos), I'd be happy with a standard one. £80 extra for sound is good if I am going to be putting a £25 LP5 in it anyway.

Do we know what decoder they currently use in 66s with sound? Is it LS5, LS Select or Zimo?

Afternoon all,

Out of interest, is the SDJR livery authentic and if so what kind of timeframes are we talking for it’s existence? Did it exist post-grouping for example? I’m always a bit unclear how joint railways are covered livery wise!

thanks in advance. 

G

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, 159220 said:

I have asked Bachmann this and they said "These are a strictly limited product, with over £60,000 going to charity. The certificates aren't numbered but are to authenticate them."

It doesn't bother me how many there are, I was just interested to know, I want it as it is a nice thing to have and with charity being involved it is nicer still. I aren't bothered about the planes but I will look at them.

I maybe ought to have the 37 with the Vulcans now, although I have been waiting for it to come down in price given I aren't struggling for 37/4s at the moment!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RateTheFreight said:

Afternoon all,

Out of interest, is the SDJR livery authentic and if so what kind of timeframes are we talking for it’s existence? Did it exist post-grouping for example? I’m always a bit unclear how joint railways are covered livery wise!

thanks in advance. 

G

Yes. Authentic.

As for details I think it's been covered in depth in the thread for the regular MR version.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1