Bachmann Collectors Club thanks the NHS and a S&DJR 1P

AY Mod

4 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

Plenty of them available if the email exchange I had with them is to go by. Decided to stick with my Hornby one and cancelled my pre-order

Got an email back saying to contact them on the future if I changed my mind.

I put in a note of interest but, I've heard nothing since. Are they still working on contacting people?

Sadly I'm on nightshift for the next few weeks

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/04/2021 at 21:44, Butler Henderson said:

I got an email beginning of the week.

Got my email today, so that's my sound fitted one ordered now

Just now, martin_l_jones said:

Seems we are all going sound fitted on this one.... 

At £80 more it made sense, I'd be spending £20+ on a decoder anyway.

And if it's an LS5 then it makes it very good value too.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, big jim said:

To Anyone who has received their Tom moore, how long after ordering/paying have they arrived and which parcel delivery company was used?

Hi big jim,

Not yet unboxed mine but mine came a couple of days ago... one N gauge and one OO, with sound.

The label on the box suggests 'FedEx' and 'Next Day'.  Unlike many previous BCC deliveries, they didn't have an outer plastic wrapper, just basic cardboard box 14x14.5x5 inches, each.  I ordered (+paid for) mine when announced.

Hope that helps?

Ixion.

53 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

At £80 more it made sense, I'd be spending £20+ on a decoder anyway.

And if it's an LS5 then it makes it very good value too.

I think the sound on the last couple of Bachmann Sound Fitted 66's have been much better quality.

I've got the G&W and DB 66100 and the sound is better than I've heard before..

Edited by martin_l_jones

47 minutes ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Hi big jim,

Not yet unboxed mine but mine came a couple of days ago... one N gauge and one OO, with sound.

The label on the box suggests 'FedEx' and 'Next Day'.  Unlike many previous BCC deliveries, they didn't have an outer plastic wrapper, just basic cardboard box 14x14.5x5 inches, each.  I ordered (+paid for) mine when announced.

Hope that helps?

Ixion.

That was quick, I didn't get notified until Thursday regarding the 00 sound fitted.

They arrived ok, did you mean a fed ex bag?

Edited by martin_l_jones
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

That was quick, I didn't get notified until Thursday regarding the 00 sound fitted.

They arrived ok, did you mean a fed ex bag?

Yes - one of the loose bags, usually providing some rain protection against the cardboard box inside.

I called BCC about the 20's following their announcement this week and while on the phone, asked if the Tom Moore sets were in and was told that the OO sound ones had only arrived in the previous few days and were in the distribution section.  By chance, I think it was the same afternoon that the packages arrived, so I must have been very quick off the mark getting the order in when announced.

Having missed the Hornby 66, I was pleased Bachmann did a set especially as it has the two aircraft.  However, I now have four aircraft having the N gauge model too :) ... will have to setup a mock dogfight as a salute to the late real Sir Tom Moore.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Yes - one of the loose bags, usually providing some rain protection against the cardboard box inside.

I called BCC about the 20's following their announcement this week and while on the phone, asked if the Tom Moore sets were in and was told that the OO sound ones had only arrived in the previous few days and were in the distribution section.  By chance, I think it was the same afternoon that the packages arrived, so I must have been very quick off the mark getting the order in when announced.

Having missed the Hornby 66, I was pleased Bachmann did a set especially as it has the two aircraft.  However, I now have four aircraft having the N gauge model too :) ... will have to setup a mock dogfight as a salute to the late real Sir Tom Moore.

Re-read my post... just to clarify the actual Tom Moore model boxes were enclosed in brown cardboard boxes but those boxes weren't wrapped in the loose FedEx wrappers like other BCC deliveries usually are, so the outer box would be subject to rain.  So when I said 'yes', I was referring to the wrappers on previous items as being FedEx bags.

Can proof read posts many times but it's only when you submit them you realise ambiguities!!! 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 97403_Ixion said:

Hi big jim,

Hope that helps?

Ixion.

I’ve not had a fedex delivery this week, I’ll chase it up on Monday with Bachmann 

• RMweb Gold

I spoke to the collectors club earlier, there has been some sort of confusion and despite payment going out last Monday for some reason it’s not been dispatched, I’m waiting for them to get back to me about it as they don’t know what has happened but hopefully it should be sorted and be with me soon

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, big jim said:

I spoke to the collectors club earlier, there has been some sort of confusion and despite payment going out last Monday for some reason it’s not been dispatched, I’m waiting for them to get back to me about it as they don’t know what has happened but hopefully it should be sorted and be with me soon

I read there has been a few changes in personnel. hopefully things will improve going forward.

• RMweb Gold

Mine was ordered online on Thursday and has just been delivered by a guy in an unmarked white van but looking at the address label it came via Fedex although no text from Fedex was received in advance.

Think somebody above was asking what sound decoder has been fitted, the information sheet states that it is an ESU 21MTC Loksound V5 DCC.

Am glad that I missed out on the Hornby version, many thanks to Bachmann for producing a first class model with sound etc.

Keith

• Thanks 1

And the same white van man.....

Really nice outer box which is really solid.

Poly tray is a bit disappointing, thought the loco would have had a plastic insert similar to the current individual packaging.

Otherwise looks excellent...

Well done Bachmann....

63453399-E7D7-4771-A813-1FDED3F03CDE.jpeg

13D3DD2E-F502-4240-B83F-C1A46F60FB8F.jpeg

66B03461-9E90-48C8-A9AD-5A06BCCC132A.jpeg

4782F7A5-327E-4AC4-815D-FE6348766805.jpeg

Edited by martin_l_jones