Widford

wamwig

So into 2022 and the hobby room is decorated, the heating is installed (and on) and the new side door is in place.  As the room is also to be used as a general hobby room by me it also has to accommodate a plethora of other things for my other interests (including some smaller dioramas) and so some storage has also been included within the room. 

Until the room was completed and the storage in place I didnt know exactly what area I had available for the railway, so with everything in place I have an area of a little over 8ft x 2.5ft for the scenic section of 'Widford' plus some small 'storage yards' at either end to enable a variety of trains to run.  The length of the area looking to be modelled is around 300m (from Bridge 2055 to somewhere beyond the end of the sidings), which in full 1/76 scale would be a little under 13ft in total so some selective compression will be required, however I should be able to retain the essence of the area and it should still look much like Widford did when in use.  The layout will be looking to the south, with the River Ash in the foreground and the Ware to Bishop's Stortford road to the rear.  Pencil to paper to produce a workable layout now!

Widford Plan OS Version.jpg

Edited by wamwig
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Scenic section baseboard frame started, legs shown are not fixed and are for fiddle yard boards but show the approximate rail height, needed the lower level as the River Ash is somewhat lower than the track level.

248378043_499237508231814_7922686270211176433_n.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Main Scenic boards cut by B&Q and test fitted, again they have to be raised but that should be this weekend.  Have also joined my local model railway club as I will inevitably need some help with the electrics!

274161433_10159807111330699_4100536482631920085_n.jpg

Edited by wamwig
  • Like 3