Heljan announce Class 104 DMU in OO gauge

AY Mod

22 minutes ago, Peter749 said:

I will give that up as a bad idea.

No 3D printer and nobody in the local group has one.

can you not order online with someone like Shapeways and get it delivered to you?

2 hours ago, Peter749 said:

I will give that up as a bad idea.

No 3D printer and nobody in the local group has one.

Ironmink has an associate who will print to order - contact Ironmink for details.

CJI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickL2008 said:

I did try to print the ion mink ones also, asked couple printers on Etsy but led nowhere, if anyone is able to find anywhere that is able to print these that'd be a big help

NL

Ironmink's designs are THE BEST! I have quite a number of his models that I have bartered with him for producing suitable transfers.

When printed properly, his designs need ZERO post-printing preparation - simply remove the supports, paint, and fit wheels and couplings.

I would say that models produced from Ironmink designs are equal to,  or even better than, RTR quality.

CJI.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Ironmink's designs are THE BEST! I have quite a number of his models that I have bartered with him for producing suitable transfers.

When printed properly, his designs need ZERO post-printing preparation - simply remove the supports, paint, and fit wheels and couplings.

I would say that models produced from Ironmink designs are equal to,  or even better than, RTR quality.

CJI.

They definitley look good when viewed, just getting them printed, but as Iron Mink has a contact ill probably drop him a message and see what he suggests

NL

15 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

They definitley look good when viewed, just getting them printed, but as Iron Mink has a contact ill probably drop him a message and see what he suggests

NL

I'll be interested in hearing how you get on... there's a few items that look like just what I need that'll help for my current projects.... and I have no chance in printing myself

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, cctransuk said:

CJI.

image.png.f7bace8b1d067cdeaf58f7f63a5e8d9b.png

I fit brass bearings and LMS buffers, these are printed in the original resin so a bit fragile, unlike ABS Like, got 6 complete, running CCT transfers (thankyou).

They look a lot better in real life than on phone camera

20240406_152101.jpg.028322475392292da2f99e6ef9cc6ef0.jpg

Latest print from Iron Mink STLs using ABSLike resin

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Peter749 said:

I might look again at the Silver Fox Class 104 Cab for the Hornby 110.

Peter

I recently did a 110 to 104 conversion and all it needed was some plasticard, filler and paint. Not the best job in the world but I'm perfectly happy with it, given my skill level.IMG_6770e.jpg.7b5427fa858d38c5a8556880fad5f56f.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hornby magazine last month and this has a two part article on the conversion from class 110 to class 104.

I've done a conversion using the Silver Fox bits and it didn't look half bad. Made a mess of the priming before paint so haven't gone any further.

Iron Mink cab ends are very nice indeed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 09/04/2024 at 13:29, SC55015 said:

I recently did a 110 to 104 conversion and all it needed was some plasticard, filler and paint. Not the best job in the world but I'm perfectly happy with it, given my skill level.IMG_6770e.jpg.7b5427fa858d38c5a8556880fad5f56f.jpg

I am very impressed with your 110 to 104 conversion.

I have a few 110 cars and I will give that a go.

The repainting can be done by a local chap at a good price.

Peter