HELJAN OO GAUGE CLASS 33s RETURN FOR 2021

AY Mod

• Moderators

OO GAUGE CLASS 33s RETURN FOR 2021

Second batch of headlight-fitted Class 33/0s will feature several new liveries, numbers and names from the BR and Privatisation era.

HELJAN is working on a new batch of OO gauge Class 33/0 diesel locomotives for release in 2021. The classic BRCW Type 3 is always a strong seller but our most recent batch of headlight-fitted models sold through in double-quick time.

The HELJAN OO gauge Class 33/0 features our proven high-performance motor/flywheel chassis, LED headlights and marker lights and an 8-pin DCC decoder interface. As before, the specification also includes sprung buffers, wire handrails, etched grilles, separately fitted windscreen wipers, bogie and bufferbeam details. SEVEN versions have been selected for general release, covering a broad cross-section of BR and privatisation era liveries – see below for more information. A further version is also being prepared for Olivia’s Trains in Sheffield – see the Olivia’s website for more information.

Look out online for more information on these exciting additions to our Class 33 range. All will be produced in limited numbers so advance ordering is recommended to avoid disappointment.
Suggested Retail Price will be £149.00 each.

Look out for updates on the HELJAN Facebook page and in the model railway press as this project develops.

NEW HELJAN CLASS 33/0 MODELS
3458: Civil Engineers grey/yellow 33025 WEATHERED

3459: DRS blue 33029

3462: BR retro green D6508 Eastleigh (small yellow panels)

3463: BR blue 33023 (grey roof/orange cantrail line) WEATHERED

3464: Fragonset black 33021 Eastleigh

3465: West Coast Railways red 33025

3466: BR blue 33052 Ashford

33.JPG

• Like 6

• AY Mod changed the title to HELJAN OO GAUGE CLASS 33s RETURN FOR 2021

I'm happy they are doing a pristine WCRC one, I'll probably bite at that.

I was a bit bemused that in the last batch they did a weathered one far dirtier than they ever look in real life!

It says LED lighting in the statement, is this accurate? I am pretty sure last time they said that and then when they came they were bulb.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IamDaniel said:

Is there any more info about the Olivias Trains exclusive? I can't see anything on its website or FB page, but the website suggests there's a re-run of D6515 - could it be this? https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Heljan/Heljan-class-33/Heljan-3451-class-33-0-d6515-lt-jenny-lewis-rn-as-preserved/

3451 was this years release, I noticed that change to Olivias webpage for 3451 after they managed to flog the last one they had for £££ more than its quoted Heljan price elsewhere. If there is a re-run hopefully the window colour is corrected.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, IamDaniel said:

Is there any more info about the Olivias Trains exclusive? I can't see anything on its website or FB page, but the website suggests there's a re-run of D6515 - could it be this? https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Heljan/Heljan-class-33/Heljan-3451-class-33-0-d6515-lt-jenny-lewis-rn-as-preserved/

New model is 33035 NSE (even though the link says 33029 WCR)

https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Heljan/Heljan-class-33/Heljan-3460-class-33-0-33029-in-west-coast-railway-company-maroon-livery-2/

Edited by slg
  • Thanks 1

Excellent news!:D

The weathered, un-named Dutch 33025 with modern warning flashes will go perfectly with the very popular EWS 33030. Both of these locos were based in Aberdeen together at the turn of the century. Pleasantly surprised by this one considering how many versions of 33025 in various liveries have been produced recently. I'll get my order in quick, looking at how fast the EWS one sold. Just hope the weathering has improved since the last batch.

Also tempted by the DRS version and the West Coast Railways one (another 33025).  Decisions, decisions!!

• Agree 1

On 07/11/2020 at 16:21, adb968008 said:

DRS 33 is appealing to me for some reason.

Does for me too but let’s see what shade of blue they think DRS is first. The twin packs were in my eyes off slightly, then again what do I know, was only climbing over a DRS 20 yesterday lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 07/11/2020 at 13:57, IamDaniel said:

Just visited Olivia's website and yes they do have an Exclusive Edition D6515 due January 2021.

On 07/11/2020 at 15:11, Butler Henderson said:

3451 was this years release, I noticed that change to Olivias webpage for 3451 after they managed to flog the last one they had for £££ more than its quoted Heljan price elsewhere. If there is a re-run hopefully the window colour is corrected.

At £159 they better have the colour corrected and would be criminal if it comes out in white instead of cream again.

On 07/11/2020 at 21:41, slg said:

Also Preserved D6515...https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Heljan/Heljan-class-33/Heljan-3451-class-33-0-d6515-lt-jenny-lewis-rn-as-preserved/

• Thanks 1

On 07/11/2020 at 13:11, TomScrut said:

I'm happy they are doing a pristine WCRC one, I'll probably bite at that.

I was a bit bemused that in the last batch they did a weathered one far dirtier than they ever look in real life!

It says LED lighting in the statement, is this accurate? I am pretty sure last time they said that and then when they came they were bulb.

Have they got the tooling correct on the cab ends?...can't really tell from the promo pictures as they show only one end but have noticed with photos on Flickr that one end has the tail lights plated over & the other end they are still present?

Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

• Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 25901 said:

Does for me too but let’s see what shade of blue they think DRS is first. The twin packs were in my eyes off slightly, then again what do I know, was only climbing over a DRS 20 yesterday lol

The abandoned one at York ?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Have they got the tooling correct on the cab ends?...can't really tell from the promo pictures as they show only one end but have noticed with photos on Flickr that one end has the tail lights plated over & the other end they are still present?

Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

It's not difficult to confirm/deny using flickr for example.

Although not a 33/0 as per the announced 33/0 - currently owned by WCRC, 33207 had one set plated in 1991, with the other end at a later date as far as I can find out.

• Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, newbryford said:

It's not difficult to confirm/deny using flickr for example.

Although not a 33/0 as per the announced 33/0 - currently owned by WCRC, 33207 had one set plated in 1991, with the other end at a later date as far as I can find out.

Yes correct and viewing the photo's from 2018 onwards WCRC 33025 does have one end tail lights plated over (non-fan end) & the other end tail lights are not plated over (fan end)...would be interesting to know if Heljan have replicated this?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looking pretty good. Two comments though:

The blue for the DRS loco still looks wrong - perhaps to ensure it matches the others;

I thought Fragonset 33021 Eastleigh had a crest above the nameplate - I have it in my head that all the named Fragonset locos had crests.

Roy

On 07/11/2020 at 13:11, TomScrut said:

I've seen on a Facebook post someone asking this very same question , Heljan have replied basically saying the factory mistakenly fitted bulbs where LED's had been specified so this batch WILL have LED's

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sulzer71 said:

I've seen on a Facebook post someone asking this very same question , Heljan have replied basically saying the factory mistakenly fitted bulbs where LED's had been specified so this batch WILL have LED's

That somebody was in fact... me!

But thanks anyway! :D

• Like 1