Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

It very much is. A friend of mine decided to acquire one having heard my high praise of these magnificent beasts, and he does agree in with my position it is simply the best 0-6-0 on the market. The reliability and running characteristics generally unrivalled, it really deserves more credit more widely than it does currently attract.

I know the PI chaps have said they are not committing, as of yet, to a new locomotive, but I sincerely hope that they do consider doing so, for it could only be to the benefit of the hobby.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2024 at 16:03, BVMR21 said:

I know the PI chaps have said they are not committing, as of yet, to a new locomotive, but I sincerely hope that they do consider doing so, for it could only be to the benefit of the hobby.

They should only go for a railway company with no RTR representation, that built and operated an 0-6-0T that looked like an 'industrial'  design. I give you the North London Railway's Park 0-6-0T of 1880; 8" less wheelbase, 3 feet shorter in the frame than the Victory.  These latterly achieved some fame on the Cromford and High Peak. Made to the same standard as the Victory - I support all the praise already expressed in this thread - 'twould be a knockout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

They should only go for a railway company with no RTR representation, that built and operated an 0-6-0T that looked like an 'industrial'  design. I give you the North London Railway's Park 0-6-0T of 1880; 8" less wheelbase, 3 feet shorter in the frame than the Victory.  These latterly achieved some fame on the Cromford and High Peak. Made to the same standard as the Victory - I support all the praise already expressed in this thread - 'twould be a knockout.

Having spent time last year smartening up the paintwork on the sole survivor I have been looking for one to add to my collection. I would definitely put my name down for a couple of them.

Seen on the 19th April last year:

1000006702.jpg.a5fcc832215f8fe0ca8fca687a7b5e07.jpg

• Like 5

I have to say I am more inclined towards asking for the likes of a 16" Bagnall or a 14" Cylindered Andrew Barclay 0-6-0ST, rather than that which is essentially a "mainline" design.

Though it is up to the PI chaps to decide what would make most economic sense for them to produce as a second ready to run locomotive.

Bagnall 0-6-0ST No. 3061 "Empress" (1954)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Having spent time last year smartening up the paintwork on the sole survivor I have been looking for one to add to my collection. I would definitely put my name down for a couple of them.

Seen on the 19th April last year:

1000006702.jpg.a5fcc832215f8fe0ca8fca687a7b5e07.jpg

Having tried to clean it up when I was in the 9F club many years ago it's nice to see it looking respectable again.

If it helps I can dig my GEM kit out the roundtoit pile. Not sure how far through it I have to get to guarantee an RTR model though?

• Funny 2

8 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

Riffing on the Inland Waterways and Docks theme... how about an Avonside 0-6-0ST? Portbuy started with I.W &D, before going to PBA.

The Avonside B4s would make sense, decent size to them etc.

Though I guess there is a similar problem as to variations in that design, same with the 16" Bagnalls, or 14" 0-6-0ST Barclays, you're dependent upon it being viable to produce. Last I checked the B4 would require 2 different saddle tanks, so by far not the worst in the world. Avonside B3 though, as far as I am aware, had very few differences between class members, so may be a better option?

• Like 1