Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

Thanks both - yes an exciting new adventure for us, but one we've been planning for sometime. Expecting Engineering samples in early 2021... in the meantime, our kits and components remain a focus, we've some new things planned and a few releases to announce this side of Christmas.

• Like 7

The prototype were a successful, albeit small class, long lived and geographically spread from Kent, across to South Wales, through the North West and even one at Lambton in the North East...

754423420_PI001Prototype1.png.1ce637aa8eeba0f2231137dc590e2682.png

This is Francis, at Astley Green in the North West, the last working example.

1060892743_PI001Prototype2.png.1cff881aa79b08e3e840ef3429820654.png

This is number 19 at Aberaman colliery in South Wales.

As part of the project we've done a fair amount of digging and will be sharing more history of the type and it's class members throughout the next few months. 

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

excellent news another industrial loco

Really interested to see how this develops as I really like the victory and was very surprised to see a oo rtr example of such an obscure loco announced 

But you’ve left me with a real quandary as I was going to fix my old white metal kit that has a dodgy chassis and knackered motor but now have the opportunity to buy new :scratchhead:

738EF330-C560-46EA-8E39-6C671ACD6D7E.jpeg.7862974b2180afff8a1e691c3d5d7a69.jpeg

Laziness may well win out so you’ve more than likely sold one to me but I’ll wait until the liveries are revealed to make my mind up.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

The prototype were a successful, albeit small class, long lived and geographically spread from Kent, across to South Wales, through the North West and even one at Lambton in the North East...

754423420_PI001Prototype1.png.1ce637aa8eeba0f2231137dc590e2682.png

Fantastic announcement and good luck with it! Signed up for the newsletter and will definitelybe getting one! Can I vote for 'Francis' as I can more or less see Astley Green Colliery from where I live, it's about a mile away!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, Adam FW said:

Laziness may well win out so you’ve more than likely sold one to me but I’ll wait until the liveries are revealed to make my mind up.

Yours looks great Adam! Projected liveries are detailed on our website, we'll likely ask for feedback on these in the near future to gauge demand for each version.

https://www.planetindustrials.co.uk/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cornelius said:

Yours looks great Adam! Projected liveries are detailed on our website, we'll likely ask for feedback on these in the near future to gauge demand for each version.

https://www.planetindustrials.co.uk/

Thanks for the link, when I googled for more info earlier I couldn't find anything but the spec listed seems to tick all the right boxes, I particularly like the idea of including different works plates and optional details that aren't the usual couplings and hoses.

The lined grey IW&D stands out as the most unusual and appealing, it will be interesting to see how it compares to Portbury's IW&D livery as I still have plans of making a small dockyard layout and a pair of IW&D locos would be rather nice on it.

Edited by Adam FW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I plan to write a few biographies of members of the class over the next few months. It’s early days in terms of customisations but obviously with our kit experience we plan to offer some conversion kits for some of the versions.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

EKR number 4 for me please. Ideally in her 1933 green with black edging and a thin white line....

Edit: Or IWDD grey without the number 12....

James and I are split on EKR no 4 as it was one of the first two locos in the class that was built with a taller cab, not represented on our model. The livery is a firm option but whether we do it with or without the lettering might depend on what people are willing to bear!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Of all the announcements in today’s virtual show, this is the one which stands out for me. Terrific! I notice from the CAD that all axles look as if they have gears. Is that so? Has any consideration been given to transmitting power through the coupling rods?

Thanks! I'm glad to hear you're excited by it.

The gearbox drives on to the rear axle and then its rod coupled (incidentally the coupling rods are articulated rather than a single piece). The humps you can see on the keeper plate are to accommodate the bearings.

Screenshot 2020-11-07 at 18.18.37.png

Edited by cornelius
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Round of applause 1

Excellent announcement and I'll be down for at least 1 when the time comes. 

Am I wrong in saying the Southern Railway had one at one point?  I am going off what an ebay listing that I'm certain was a Victory in the usual lined olive green livery but was never sure if that was correct or not? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Excellent announcement and I'll be down for at least 1 when the time comes. 

Am I wrong in saying the Southern Railway had one at one point?  I am going off what an ebay listing that I'm certain was a Victory in the usual lined olive green livery but was never sure if that was correct or not? 

Thanks, glad to hear your interest!

The independent East Kent Railway had one which ran in green, as mentioned above. This made it into British Railways ownership but it's believed it never carried its assigned BR number and was scrapped in 1949.

Having said that, an olive green one for e.g. Southampton docks post-war sounds like plausible freelance...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

That looks really desirable! When you are designing the model I'd be grateful if you could bear in mind EM/P4.

Cheers 

I posed this very question on another forum, and the reply seems to indicate it's already tight. So maybe we're in the same situation as the Hornby 0-4-0ST Peckett. Challenge awaits methinks!

• Like 1